Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Camping in the winter in Central BC can be a very chilly experience and the back of a Jeep is not very well insulated. To help insulate it better I made reflective panels to cover the windows and secured it using adhesive velcro strips so they are easily removable. I tested it in -5c weather and it felt very toasty inside. I will be making the roof insulation panels next. IMG_2057.JPGIMG_2057.JPGIMG_2117.JPG

Cummins_Powered

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Have you considered the headliner kits available? I do not have one on my JKU but i hear they make a significant difference in both temperature and noise. Mopar makes a kit i believe, as well as a few other companies. Looks like it might be worth checking out for you. On the other hand i definitely understand the DIY, very satisfying.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Have you considered the headliner kits available? I do not have one on my JKU but i hear they make a significant difference in both temperature and noise. Mopar makes a kit i believe, as well as a few other companies. Looks like it might be worth checking out for you. On the other hand i definitely understand the DIY, very satisfying.
I have considered them, but I find them very expensive. They will be quite easy to make so when I have some time I will make them

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

In the States that is called reflectix. I love that stuff. I do a lot of backpacking and I use it for multiple things: sleeping pad, sit pad, pot cozy, shoe inserts, cooler jacket, chair pad, and more. It’s good stuff and I bet it makes a big difference when you sleep. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

In the Stares that is called reflectix. I love that stuff. I do a lot of backpacking and I use it for multiple things: sleeping pad, sit pad, pot cozy, shoe inserts, cooler jacket, chair pad, and more. It’s good stuff and I bet it makes a big difference when you sleep. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!