Have to get car sticker glue of vehicle?? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Have to get car sticker glue of vehicle??

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

SnookSniper

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Herman
Member #

I’ve had good luck with lighter fluid. I use the kind of Zippo lighters, but any kind would probably work.

Be careful not to apply it to decals you want to keep. It sounds simple, but it tends to run down the side of the vehicle. Just have a paper towel ready to catch any excess.

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
I assume you mean off the painted surface. Goo Gone/Goof Off/Oops usually works. Just make sure you don't get the kind designed to remove paint. Another trick I've used when removing emblems is a hair dryer set on high. It will make the adhesive soft and you can roll it off.

Patman

Rank I
Adventure

Contributor II

Hollister, Ca
First Name
Patrik
Last Name
Hultin
Member #

Peanut butter. No BS. Rub it on heavy, let it sit, wipe it off

North40overland

Rank VI
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Everyone will hate me for sure but I always use WD-40. I put that $h!t on everything. It honestly will work and hasn't damaged my paint to date.

Reactions: RJ Howell

Cypress

Rank IV
Adventure

Member III

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

I just stripped all the vinyl signage off of 3 company vehicles so I could sell them. The best by far are the 3M Eraser Wheel and the 3M Adhesive Remover. Nothing else is even a close second.

/thread

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Linglestown, PA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Peanut butter. No BS. Rub it on heavy, let it sit, wipe it off
I literally want to pull a sticker off a car now just to try this. I have heard a lot of things but Peanut Butter is a first and honestly is too intriguing not to try lol.

BrianArailt

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Western Pennsylvania
Member #

I assume you mean off the painted surface. Goo Gone/Goof Off/Oops usually works. Just make sure you don't get the kind designed to remove paint. Another trick I've used when removing emblems is a hair dryer set on high. It will make the adhesive soft and you can roll it off.
Be careful with Goof Off as it will strip the clear coat pretty easily. Goo Gone will not. I have no experience with Oops. I agree that the hair dryer is the best method. I've used it many times and it works well. WD40 also works well.

Reactions: Roots66

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
Nitromethane works best.