Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I am a bud heavy or a bud light fan my self...some craft beer is good but when it comes to ipa ill just keep my budweiser

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I overland in my 71 landcruiser (bought with paper route money 1982 ) I agree with your view of it . I try to be different and fabricate items that make my life easier .

Reactions: Roam_CO85

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I love forum threads like this one.
We started with elitist overlanders, to red headed women, to hunting moose in the North.
The real question here is... are IPA beer drinkers elitist? I usually drink Budweiser now, but early on, and with limited funds it was Hamms. Just saying.
IPA's are somewhat oversold, I think. Most of them, in my opinion, are way over hopped (and hyped) and just taste like bitter crap. I may be biased since excessive hops make my digestive tract very angry. Conversely, a perfectly executed IPA, where the hops lead but don't overpower the rest of the flavours, is a beautiful thing and the really good ones I've enjoyed have been all the more special for that reason.

My go-to's are red to dark ales and stouts, especially stouts.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
IPA's are somewhat oversold, I think. Most of them, in my opinion, are way over hopped (and hyped) and just taste like bitter crap. I may be biased since excessive hops make my digestive tract very angry. Conversely, a perfectly executed IPA, where the hops lead but don't overpower the rest of the flavours, is a beautiful thing and the really good ones I've enjoyed have been all the more special for that reason.

youre supposed to be drinking molson, eh?

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Ugh, I wouldn't touch that swill lol No offense to anyone who likes it, but that stuff is near the bottom of the list of cheap, middle of the road beers. I'd rather drink Kokanee, Pilsner Old Style, or PBR if I'm looking for cheap stuff.
back in high school out in west texas, molson was the bomb! if you were at a party walking around with a bottle of molson with that maple leaf on it, you were it. back then, bob and doug made anything canadian cool...

bd.jpg

Reactions: Road

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo

Can't be elite if everyone is drinking it.

Barrel aged imperial stouts are my favorite. Ballast Point's High West Victory at Sea tops my list lately.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I love forum threads like this one.
We started with elitist overlanders, to red headed women, to hunting moose in the North.
The real question here is... are IPA beer drinkers elitist? I usually drink Budweiser now, but early on, and with limited funds it was Hamms. Just saying.
Spearmans Ail, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, red heads Yummmmmmmmmmm, Venison yummmmmmmmmmm
OB'n Rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
Cottonwoody has one if the best perspectives I’ve read In awhile. “Staying stock & going deeper

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

back in high school out in west texas, molson was the bomb! if you were at a party walking around with a bottle of molson with that maple leaf on it, you were it. back then, bob and doug made anything canadian cool...

View attachment 108428

Molson, Labatt Blue and Labatt 50 both were big in Maine. You'd hear "Labatt's Cinq O, s'il vous plaît" all night long in certain Maine towns and all over Quebec.

Reactions: grubworm

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ive never been a good long range shooter, hunting wise never wanted to shoot anything over 200 yards. Just never had the patients for the longer more harder shots. Shoot alot of pistol and carbine but the long range stuff and a scope is more out of touch to me. I hunted alot with a 3006 as a kid hunting with my uncles. When i was old enough Hunt with my self. I got into black powder and loved it. 54 cal Hawkins rifle. Got into guiding hunters and stopped hunting for my self a while back. 30-30 is a good round and its taken alot of game. Its for sure about shot placement.
Sounds like your where you want to be. Do you make your living as a hunting guide ? I loved to hunt and target shoot when my eyes were good enough to be competitive. I live in NM and the hunting laws here are stupid. It's a waste of time and money to try hunting big game here. You have to apply to a zone in the state and if it's full you cant hunt. Your license depends on if you have a zone picked from the whole state and being selected for that zone. I'm hoping they don't start making off roading the same way. : -(

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Sounds like your where you want to be. Do you make your living as a hunting guide ? I loved to hunt and target shoot when my eyes were good enough to be competitive. I live in NM and the hunting laws here are stupid. It's a waste of time and money to try hunting big game here. You have to apply to a zone in the state and if it's full you cant hunt. Your license depends on if you have a zone picked from the whole state and being selected for that zone. I'm hoping they don't start making off roading the same way. : -(
Hmm and I would have thought New Mexico would be a free state.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I use to. The last decade i ran my own trucking business hauling cows, hay and ag equipment. Now i sell sporting goods and firearms while going to school to become a police officer. Yeah NM has always been weird deals with their hunting permits.. do have to say the state has some tough game wardens too! Some big elk in that taos and chuma area!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hmm and I would have thought New Mexico would be a free state.
It was until that A - - H - - - Governor Richardson (Bill Clintons buddy) got hold of the state. He wiped out the states coffers put huge tax on gas and cigarettes, doubled the licenses fee for Auto's, Kicked all the cattlemen off BLM land and ruined the state forever. The only thing left in tact is open carry gun laws and the new Governor is already working on gun confiscation with some new unconstitutional concocted law that even the states sheriffs will not enforce. I may move back to my home state of Texas except their gun laws are not what they were when I lived there.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I use to. The last decade i ran my own trucking business hauling cows, hay and ag equipment. Now i sell sporting goods and firearms while going to school to become a police officer. Yeah NM has always been weird deals with their hunting permits.. do have to say the state has some tough game wardens too! Some big elk in that taos and chuma area!!
O'boy do we have elk all over my area here near Silver City in the Gila-Mimbres area. It's even harder to hunt elk than deer since only a limited number of tags are issued by a state draw. I almost hit a big cow elk a couple of years ago that crossed in front of me on a narrow winding road. She was so big the bottom of her belly was level with the top of my ole 84 Lincoln town car. Her head was at least 2 feet long.
Hauling cattle is a hard job, my buddy use to haul them between his dedicated truck driving job on his time off. Toughest man I ever knew. Law enforcement is a tough job these days. I couldn't do that job because I am so opposed to so many laws we have these days. I'm afraid I may be more sympathetic to the so called law breakers that the police have to arrest because it's there job. I call them blue laws, passed by people who really don't know anything about justice.