Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Is that what being chased with a pitchfork means now?

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Don't get me started with the red head stories. They are definitely exciting...in all of the good ways...and all the bad ways, many times all within milliseconds of eachother.
True...I dated a few when I was younger. I just married a red head 6 months ago, we're both in our 50s and it seems like maybe they wear themselves out over time and become more manageable. Have to see how the next 6 months goes...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
True...I dated a few when I was younger. I just married a red head 6 months ago, we're both in our 50s and it seems like maybe they wear themselves out over time and become more manageable. Have to see how the next 6 months goes...
Ammmmmmmmmmmmm your about to get it if she reads this. Remember the Lorene Bobbit case ? Better star looking for # 4

• Haha
Reactions: sabjku and grubworm

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Don't get me started with the red head stories. They are definitely exciting...in all of the good ways...and all the bad ways, many times all within milliseconds of each other.
Like I said before nothing beats experience whether it's bldg. camp trailers or women.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Backpacking in my younger years taught me how little I really need. We communicate before each trip to work out shared resources. A reliable vehicle, basic tools and recovery gear, adequate food and liquids, and somewhere to sleep is all you really need. Friends and shared gear just makes it better. No need to keep up with the Jones's, just do your thing!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
So now we are saying red headed women are elitist..........
No, you are the elitist if you have a red headed woman.
Red is a pretty universal indication of danger.
LMAO, how true, your observations are outstanding !

Scotty_Dawg

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Meldrum Bay, Ontario, Canada
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
HARTLEY
Member #

Go a bit further up the mountain. The poseurs disappear. It's easy to see who walks the walk, and who just spilled a quadratec catalog on their jeep. Not that enthusiastic newbs aren't a bad thing. Got to start somewhere, but you don't need to bolt 1000 pounds of cash to your truck for this. Start with less, and build your gear as you gain experience.

Remember expo east? Everyone got stuck in 3'' of mud. Not a set of tire chains to be seen anywhere.
I have to agree here, it's like moose hunting, I hunt in the north and lots of city guys come up with their shiny new .300 win mags with fancy walnut and engraving, drive the logging roads for the first opportunity to bag one, mean while we are 75 miles from the cabin, barely meeting the regulations for what is considered kosher for orange according the MNR because everything is used, faded and dirty and I have never seen another hunter ever... the further off the beaten track it seems to weed out the true adventure seekers from the possuers... which reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me...ever dislocate your shoulder while taking a dump in the Bush...there is no one who will hear your screams....[emoji6] That's another story in its self.

Reactions: Viking1204

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I have to agree here, it's like moose hunting, I hunt in the north and lots of city guys come up with their shiny new .300 win mags with fancy walnut and engraving, drive the logging roads for the first opportunity to bag one, mean while we are 75 miles from the cabin, barely meeting the regulations for what is considered kosher for orange according the MNR because everything is used, faded and dirty and I have never seen another hunter ever... the further off the beaten track it seems to weed out the true adventure seekers from the possuers... which reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me...ever dislocate your shoulder while taking a dump in the Bush...there is no one who will hear your screams....[emoji6] That's another story in its self.
I get that comment big time! Not the shoulder dislocation... but the hunting part. Guided big game hunters for years.. you can tell a noob or a gear junky 1000 miles away... or the big iron guy. Oh your hear to hunt deer? Why do you have a 338 lapua? Mule deer are big but its not a rhino. My best client ever was a moose hunter that spent his whole life saving and putting in for the tag.. colorado is a moose lottery guy spend 38 years trying to draw one. Older guy. Showed up with wool from head to toe. Plastic orange vest 3006 rifle. Bagged a Boone and Crockett bull moose in three days. Think it was even just a 4 power scope. It might be old out dated but it still does what it’s designed todo

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I get that comment big time! Not the shoulder dislocation... but the hunting part. Guided big game hunters for years.. you can tell a noob or a gear junky 1000 miles away... or the big iron guy. Oh your hear to hunt deer? Why do you have a 338 lapua? Mule deer are big but its not a rhino. My best client ever was a moose hunter that spent his whole life saving and putting in for the tag.. colorado is a moose lottery guy spend 38 years trying to draw one. Older guy. Showed up with wool from head to toe. Plastic orange vest 3006 rifle. Bagged a Boone and Crockett bull moose in three days. Think it was even just a 4 power scope. It might be old out dated but it still does what it’s designed to do
I'll take my 03-A3 Springfield over anything, day in , day out. Love my old 30-40 Craig too. If I want something heavy I might bring my 45-90 Remington rolling block. I prefer old guns in good condition. Never brought down a moose so I don't know if my 30-30 Winchester would do it but I bet it would if the shot is in the 100 yard range and well placed. Except for bench rest shooting, I have never been able to hunt with a scope. I cant take a lot of shots I know but I prefer peep sights to anything. My eyes are going now so I have just about quit hunting. I'll just go along with my sons and keep camp for them and be happy with that.

Reactions: Viking1204

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Ive never been a good long range shooter, hunting wise never wanted to shoot anything over 200 yards. Just never had the patients for the longer more harder shots. Shoot alot of pistol and carbine but the long range stuff and a scope is more out of touch to me. I hunted alot with a 3006 as a kid hunting with my uncles. When i was old enough Hunt with my self. I got into black powder and loved it. 54 cal Hawkins rifle. Got into guiding hunters and stopped hunting for my self a while back. 30-30 is a good round and its taken alot of game. Its for sure about shot placement.