Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

Just picked up my Harker EDC this week. We upgraded from the smitty Built XL. The sleeping foot print is much smaller but weight and deployment is much faster. I Got the Dirt Circuit electrical system with 100AH battery. I also added on the Propex Propane heater. We opted to add on the Kammok awning which is by far the fastest awning to set up and take down.

We tasted it out on the way back from Utah by camping at Lake Cascade State park north of Boise ID. I was with my daughter and needed access to to a bathroom. We parked at the boat launch next to the frozen lake.

Obviously love the convenience and size of the Harker since in 6’5” so it’s the only wedge that fits my height. I will most likely run and upstairs down stairs system with the kids.

The propex heater runs on a single thermostat system which meant lots of clicking on and off all night. My daughter sleep fine but I’m a lighter sleeper. Heat output we exceptionally good despite the size of the space getting heated. I have a large propane tank and the one night of use bearly moved the needle. I would imagine on a large tank you could go out for 5 days or so in the 20-30s. I don’t want to go into to much detail as you can check these out online but I checked out most of the options available and Harker definitely offered the most space for a taller person in the wedge camper category.

My daughter wanted to jump into pictures but loved the fact there was snow on the ground.

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just picked up my Harker EDC this week. We upgraded from the smitty Built XL. The sleeping foot print is much smaller but weight and deployment is much faster. I Got the Dirt Circuit electrical system with 100AH battery. I also added on the Propex Propane heater. We opted to add on the Kammok awning which is by far the fastest awning to set up and take down.

We tasted it out on the way back from Utah by camping at Lake Cascade State park north of Boise ID. I was with my daughter and needed access to to a bathroom. We parked at the boat launch next to the frozen lake.

Obviously love the convenience and size of the Harker since in 6’5” so it’s the only wedge that fits my height. I will most likely run and upstairs down stairs system with the kids.

The propex heater runs on a single thermostat system which meant lots of clicking on and off all night. My daughter sleep fine but I’m a lighter sleeper. Heat output we exceptionally good despite the size of the space getting heated. I have a large propane tank and the one night of use bearly moved the needle. I would imagine on a large tank you could go out for 5 days or so in the 20-30s. I don’t want to go into to much detail as you can check these out online but I checked out most of the options available and Harker definitely offered the most space for a taller person in the wedge camper category.

My daughter wanted to jump into pictures but loved the fact there was snow on the ground.
Good looking rig! Congrats and great job getting your daughter out while she’s young! I always pack earplugs for the wind (like the awning extension) against the tent and it really helps with my Propex set up. Like you said they aren’t super loud but when they first come on it is noticable, but I’ll take that over freezing all night!

Have fun adventuring!

Reactions: Joshua Buss