Happy First day of Fall!

• HTML tutorial

4RunnerPerson

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Minnesota
Member #

I am Paul from Minnesota. I have a stock SR5 but have ordered a Trail Premium that I am trading up for. I am so new at this it hurts. I have been watching the various videos and am enamored with the idea of driving some of these trails. I am interested in trails in the upper midwest.

As I upgrade my rig, I would love any input you may have about options for suspension. My rig will be my Daily Driver.

Anyway, I will post pics when I have them of the new Truck. Until then I will read and watch vids and think about where I want to go.

Have a good one!

Paul

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I am Paul from Minnesota. I have a stock SR5 but have ordered a Trail Premium that I am trading up for. I am so new at this it hurts. I have been watching the various videos and am enamored with the idea of driving some of these trails. I am interested in trails in the upper midwest.

As I upgrade my rig, I would love any input you may have about options for suspension. My rig will be my Daily Driver.

Anyway, I will post pics when I have them of the new Truck. Until then I will read and watch vids and think about where I want to go.

Have a good one!

Paul
Hi Paul and welcome to OB! Nice sounding rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Definitely plan on what kind of load you will probably be ending up with before doing anything with the suspension. Winches, bumpers, tools, rtt, water, fuel, etc all add up depending on how far you plan on building your rig. I ended up changing my suspension set up a few times as my truck evolved and would have saved a lot of time, work and money if I waited and did the heavy stuff when I did the suspension. I probably should have just dealt with stiff suspension for a little while while I added things, but I did learn a lot about the workings of my suspension system by redoing things. I really like the Icon system I ended up with. You really don't gain enough to matter for tire size unless you're really going big, so find out what size fits best stock and start with good tires since they will probably be the same size you'll be running with an average lift on it anyway. I prefer bfg ko2 all terrains myself. If you're not adding a ton of accessories maybe some good quality shocks like icon, etc and a spacer for leveling would be enough and after awhile you will see what your needs actually are? Definitely depends on what kind of terrain you plan on traveling too.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk