HAM radio training near Fremont, California?

• HTML tutorial

Medman1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fremont
Does anyone know of HAM radio training classes to get licensed near Fremont, California? I would like to start the process, but am coming up empty. What is the fastest, most efficient way in getting licensed? Thanks for the input!

[Edited title to add location, so it would stand out from the other HAM radio training threads.]

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
What is the fastest, most efficient way in getting licensed?
Although somewhat controversial, the fastest way is to attend a Ham Cram. It is an all day session where you read over the question pool and correct answer over and over, then take the test. Some amateur radio operators don't believe in crams, as you are basically memorizing answers, not learning the skills.

Medman1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fremont
Yeah, good point. I was planning to just buy the book and study, do some practice tests online, then sit for the test. With my schedule its impossible to attend a night class..

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Here are the test sessions in your area.
Detailed info for contact/location:
EXAM SESSION

09/08/2018
Sponsor: TriCity VE Group
Date: Sep 08 2018
Time: 9:00 AM (Walk-ins allowed)
(510) 793-5344
Email: wy6p@arrl.net
VEC: ARRL/VEC
48233 Warm Springs Blvd
More info: www.sbara.org
Fremont CA 94539-7654Fremont test session.PNG

Reactions: Medman1

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
Does anyone know of HAM radio training classes to get licensed near Fremont, California? ... What is the fastest, most efficient way in getting licensed?
The Benicia Amateur Radio Club holds several Cram & Exam days each year. It’s a good cram course with ample time during breaks and after exam scoring to socialize with Elmers (more experienced Hams) and the next one is on October 6th. Here’s the website: http://beniciaarc.com/wp/?page_id=8

Reactions: Medman1

Ernie J

Rank I

Contributor III

Orange county
First Name
Ernie
Last Name
Jaramillo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VMB
Madman 1 did you get a chance to reach out to the club contact I sent you in Petaluma. I took the cram session and test on Thursday and I passed.

Ernie J

Rank I

Contributor III

Orange county
First Name
Ernie
Last Name
Jaramillo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VMB
They basically give you a booklet with all the questions in it and oy the answers. The answer is in bold print. Class from 9-12 go to lunch if you want or you can stay and study. Then test at 1