Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Send your callsign to me and I will add it and the badge if you wish.....

Jim

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Congratulations! Have you thought about a shiny new radio yet to treat yourself for this success? ;)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Not yet. Just reading the “now what” section in ARRL
Nice! So many interesting pursuits under the HAM umbrella for sure. I got my ticket to play with APRS and have had a lot of fun with that. There are a lot friendly knowledgeable HAMS here who are more than willing to help. Hope you have a good time with your ticket and, again, congrats!

4L_Warrior

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

East Bay Ca.
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Galvan
Member #

Yes ...a radio is now your next goal. There are many members here on OB who can Elmer you now. Don't hesitate to ask for help and advice.

It's going to be hard NOT to spend 20-40 dollars and get a clone of a "real" radio. Yes, better than nothing, but if you buy one of the top three brands... parts, support and ease of use will be helpful.

Craigslist and eBay have good radios listed frequency....take your time and keep an eye out for a deal.

It's up to you and your wallet as to making your first radio an HT or full power mobile.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Really? I changed mine in the app when my via the app two weeks ago when I got my vanity.
Great job Jack. You have to login to the Overland Bound website and add it to your profile. You can’t do it in the OB1 app.
yes you can do it in app click on your avatar at the top of the news feed page and when the new window opens select edit profile…

ECD5746D-EC40-4607-908D-0B3193345AE0.png

Reactions: Ubiety