Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I just passed the exam yesterday and waiting to get my callsign from the FCC. I find myself checking the License Search on the FCC site every couple hours.
Gosh and to think 7 years ago I had to wait almost 3 weeks.....and those old guys before the internet had to wait months. :yum:
Congrats and welcome.

• Love
Reactions: M Rose and DaPyrate

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Gosh and to think 7 years ago I had to wait almost 3 weeks.....and those old guys before the internet had to wait months. :yum:
Congrats and welcome.
thanks and I agree that is wild to think how fast it can be done now with the internet of today.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
The first Friday of the the month is new ham night. Which includes me and you get some great advice not only there but here on the forum. Last Friday was navigation not sure what this week topic might be but it will be post at least on the Friday Night Net thread.

Reactions: Boort

2xAGM114

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The first Friday of the the month is new ham night. Which includes me and you get some great advice not only there but here on the forum. Last Friday was navigation not sure what this week topic might be but it will be post at least on the Friday Night Net thread.
Suggestion: Firearms while overlanding. Recreational shooting, protection, transportation, safety, locations, type, families w/ kids vs. solo or adults only.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Well I'm not in charge of topics but the powers that be might see this and take those into consideration. I listen to two Friday Night Nets before getting my license and have down 2 or 3 since then but again I have just had my license for 3 weeks give or take a day.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Suggestion: Firearms while overlanding. Recreational shooting, protection, transportation, safety, locations, type, families w/ kids vs. solo or adults only.
Put your suggestion here and the Net controllers will probably see it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Proud to say I just passed my Extra element, now the wait for the FCC to post my new license!
Congratulations on the upgrade.
I need to start studying for my extra. I would like to take my test over the holidays I think.

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
Congratulations on the upgrade.
I need to start studying for my extra. I would like to take my test over the holidays I think.
Honestly, I booked the exam before I even started studying as a forcing function. HamStudy.org made it very doable.

Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Honestly, I booked the exam before I even started studying as a forcing function. HamStudy.org made it very doable.
I am a huge advocate for HamStudy.org. I will be taking my test here locally. There is a test next weekend, and then the next one will be around the middle of December. I am holding out for December. I could test next week, but that will keep someone from getting their tech license.