Etobicoke, Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
Also I should mention and someone has said it before somewhere on the forum.
There is also another way.
Anchorage VEC is doing remote testing, albeit a bit differently but they have been at it longer.
Just go to the website kl7aa.org/vec all the info is there.
I had no options for eligible proctors so GLAARG was the only way for me.

Reactions: pcjfro

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

You will pass!
Just stay sharp.
Also read all the requirements in doc so you are ready there as well.
Uncluttered room, Zoom, decent internet connection etc.
It was reading the requirements that got me concerned about the metrics. There was something in there that they wanted to check your hamstudy.org metrics on an account with the same email addr as your test registration so people are not wasting the VE's time. When I logged in mine got zero'ed out I'd been taking the study as a guest and was planning to get tested locally befor the kung-flu hit the fan. So building them back up now and trying to find an uncluttered room ;D in hopes of new test sessions being added soon!

Thanks for the advice.
Boort

Huezee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Troy, New York
First Name
B
Last Name
H
Is it kosher to have an integrated webcam (non USB)? I currently use a desktop iMac. I have a windows laptop but that's only for secure work stuff. The instructions were a little unclear.

CBallard

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Camaron
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

I’ve tried clicking the calendrly link. It says April is booked up (which we knew) but I can’t get it to switch to a different month.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I’ve tried clicking the calendrly link. It says April is booked up (which we knew) but I can’t get it to switch to a different month.
Same here, Assuming they are gathering feedback on how the process goes in April before adding more dates.

Boort

MPLMNT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
Is it kosher to have an integrated webcam (non USB)? I currently use a desktop iMac. I have a windows laptop but that's only for secure work stuff. The instructions were a little unclear.

Yup that is how mine was taken. Integrated camera on laptop.
I had another cam on stand -by as I wasn't sure as well but it was not needed.

MPLMNT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
Other things to try,
Test sessions are short, but booking times are 1 per hour.
I just read this while checking the schedule
"All of our testing times are scheduled. However, if you are willing to take a chance that we can get to you today, we can put you in the “waiting room”. The times of day available for waiting room 10-8 PST"
Also get on their mailing list, that is another way of getting notified of new sessions.

I hope all of this leads to some of you getting your tickets.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Other things to try,
"All of our testing times are scheduled. However, if you are willing to take a chance that we can get to you today, we can put you in the “waiting room”. The times of day available for waiting room 10-8 PST"
Also get on their mailing list, that is another way of getting notified of new sessions.
Where is this mailing list sign up? All I'm finding is Facebook, a Youtube and a Discord channel.

Boort

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

The GLAARG team in CA who are currently doing the online testing are working their butts off to get people licensed. They are aware of the increased demand and are trying to get more VEs online to accommodate everyone. I know yesterday they ran two separate sessions for 8 hours and tested almost 50 people. That’s impressive considering they have to test one person at a time.

In addition, there are at least two separate clubs looking at doing the same online format testing so keep checking the Hamstudy.org list to see when new times are available.

MPLMNT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
Just noticed WB5QNG posted a test session. Looks like they are stepping in as well. Way to go W5YI-VEC!
Check on hamstudy and more info on wb5qng.org

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
I did a remote test with GLAARG and passed a couple days ago, but as others have said W5YI is doing it and Anchorage is as well. I had messaged them all independently and got a date with GLAARG first. Everybody has been awesome through the whole process!

MPLMNT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
I did a remote test with GLAARG and passed a couple days ago, but as others have said W5YI is doing it and Anchorage is as well. I had messaged them all independently and got a date with GLAARG first. Everybody has been awesome through the whole process!
Congrats!

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I found out tonight that there is a waiting list of 2000 people for the GLARRG exams. A bit of good news is that at least one more club has exam times posted but they filled up as soon as they were posted. Hopefully more clubs will make online exam times available soon.

Some additional good news is that ARRL seems like they are moving forward to make online testing widely available through their VEs.
ARRL Statement

Last edited:

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I just finished my General Upgrade through the GLAARG. The process was well run and went smoothly. I’m hoping to take my extra in July after the pool changes.

Reactions: J.W. and MPLMNT

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi!

Great that you have the possibility to do the exam remotley. The scheduled exams here in Germany are just cancelled and we do not know when there will be exams again. :disappointed:

Stay safe,
Bjoern