GX470 2UZ-FE Secondary Air Injection System Replacement

• HTML tutorial

rglatz1911

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I’m currently throwing an error code (P1442) for a stuck valve in the secondary air injection system on my 05 GX470. From my research, this seems to be a well documented issue with the 4.7s.
I’ve found several extremely helpful videos on YouTube that not only walk through the steps of replacing the system components, but also list some suggested parts.
Has anyone completed this job themselves? If so, do you have any specific tips or issues you weren’t expecting to run into?
I’ve run with this code for awhile now but don’t like the fact that it’s killing my traction control and ABS. It’s time for me to move forward and correct the problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@rglatz1911
I’m currently throwing an error code (P1442) for a stuck valve in the secondary air injection system on my 05 GX470. From my research, this seems to be a well documented issue with the 4.7s.
I’ve found several extremely helpful videos on YouTube that not only walk through the steps of replacing the system components, but also list some suggested parts.
Has anyone completed this job themselves? If so, do you have any specific tips or issues you weren’t expecting to run into?
I’ve run with this code for awhile now but don’t like the fact that it’s killing my traction control and ABS. It’s time for me to move forward and correct the problem.
While I can't say I've had to do this my self (yet) There is a very detailed thread on this problem and a few different ways to repair it over at t4r.org (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/174030-secondary-air-injection-pump-failure-v8s-important.html)

Boort