Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Watched this video recently and it’s really got me thinking. One of my anticipated mods includes some heavy slider steps. Add a topper and Decked system...I don’t have a lot of heavy gear, but the numbers do add up, especially when you add two large dogs to the crew.

Anyone had any issues when it comes to getting close to GVM?

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

Close to GVWR? Haha! I'm running 800 pounds over stock, and I don't carry most of the gear people run (refrigerators, RTT, etc.) Had to upgrade the suspension to handle all of the weight. I am however fully armored.

One of the biggest eye openers is loading everything up, filling the gas tank, and putting it on the scales.

Reactions: shaepa

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Close to GVWR? Haha! I'm running 800 pounds over stock, and I don't carry most of the gear people run (refrigerators, RTT, etc.) Had to upgrade the suspension to handle all of the weight. I am however fully armored.

One of the biggest eye openers is loading everything up, filling the gas tank, and putting it on the scales.
I do want to find a place that can weigh me once I get everything I want done, I’m curious!