Gutter antenna mount?

• HTML tutorial

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I just got a Midland GMRS radio got the Jeep. I’m looking for a gutter mount for the antenna that would be easy to put on and take off when needed. I went to HRO and they had no clue who still made one.

Anyone know of one?

Todd

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hustler makes one, GCM1. Hustler HF Mobile Antennas Resonators
It's intended for CB with a 3/8 hole however you can get a NMO mount with a 3/8" stud that may work.
You would need to go with a 1/2 wave antenna as it is not ground dependent and you will have no ground with the antenna mounted on the gutter.

I understand you want to take it on and off as needed but you might consider a more permanent mount.
A front fender mount or an Arizona Rocky Road rear mount would be better. They make rain caps for the NMO mount so you can remove the antenna and protect the connector.

hfd376

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henrico, VA, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4HDF
An option could be to put a mag mount on your hood. It would give you a good ground plane, and would be out of the way from branches knocking it over. And would be easy to remove when you're done.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Just installed this President magnet antenna I had. Was going to use it for my wife’s BMW X1 but changed my mind. I’m sure this one is taller than the one that will come with my Midland MTX105 coming on Thursday. 35AC082F-E179-4702-AF24-D12049835BA9.jpeg