Gunner Nimmo's Build~DIY Limb Lifter with Quick Disconnect

• HTML tutorial

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

New to OB but wanted to post the DIY Limb Lifter I did this afternoon. I have seen commercial limb lifters from $75 to $100 but have not seen them with a quick disconnect. I wanted to be able to take them off at time without having to spend much time doing so. Purchased everything at Lower except for the threaded eye terminals that I found at Harbor Freight. In all, I spent less than $25 on the pair. Simply unhooking the hood allows enough slack to take out the pin holding the top in place. The pin can be small and light-weight because there is no weight placed on it. I really like the threaded eye terminals rather than other terminal gear available. I think it provides a much cleaner look.IMG_1416.jpg IMG_1417.jpg IMG_1418.jpg

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

Thought I would post more about my JK build. I have a 2015 JKU with 35" tires, Smittybilt front and back bumpers and winch, Gobi rack, Genesis Dual Battery system, ARB dual air compressor under the hood with a 1-gallon air tank in the back. ARB fridge and front and rear air lockers. I have the sPOD system with some modifications to provide additional fused lines to each LED light. Rough Country 3.5 lift. In the process of building out the rear to have my fridge slide and a small cooking center.
I also like decals so I purchased a vinyl cutter and make my own.
IMG_1414.jpg IMG_1415.jpg