Guide for Overlanding with Pets

• HTML tutorial

Subzilla

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Big Sky Country
Member #

I've spent several nights in a tent with my ~65 lbs Golden, and I recommend getting as large a tent as is reasonable. For just me and her I used a 3 person tent, and I wouldn't want it any smaller than that.

I took her water bowl and put it on a waterproof tarp so if it spilled it wouldn't make too much of a mess, and put down a blanket for her to sleep on. Aside from that, take your pup out to the bathroom before hand, as it can be tough when you're nice and cozy in the sleeping bag.

Best of luck and congratulations!
https://k9tacticalgear.com/collections/bowls-pails/products/plastic-spill-proof-buddy-bowl

Here is a link to a great rugged water bowl that won't spill and holds a gallon!

Sent from my P00I using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 15Canyon

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I am going to remove the rear seat bottoms {split bench} from the back of my Tundra and build a level platform to put in a K9Ballistics xx large dog bed. We've found the guy in the pic to the left can't get comfy enough on long rides. Our other boy {Malamute mix} likes to take up the room they have now..if this doesn't work, do you guys have any suggestions for dogs with anxiety from riding?