Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Man, how can something this light, this little make such a big difference? Well, after decades of using a nested pot in my Coleman cook kit, I bought this GSI Kettle. Game changer! Boiling water is a piece of cake. No more spilling water everywhere...no more hunting for a rag to grab the hot handle...no more steaming you hand. The GSI comes with a lid, and lid handle and pot handle that are both covered in silicone. No spilling when pouring and no fumbling with a rag wrapped on the handle. The one quart kettle weighs a 1/3lb and costs about $25, with the 2 quart version weighing a couple ounces more and about $35. If you're cooking for more than 2, get the larger size. It's a well constructed piece of kit that will last decades. Rate it 5 stars.
GSI Kettle.jpg
One word for me camping 45 years without a kettle? Stoopid.

Reactions: tenebs and Steve

amateurhour

Rank III

Advocate II

That kettle is the only thing I've ever purchased from an REI. I got a gift card there once and I have not regretted that purchase since.

It's a little cumbersome if you're backpack camping just since it's not a practical pot for making soup in but if you're overlanding or have a little more space it's perfect. I found an old cook pot that the kettle fits in perfectly and I've got a GSI cup in the kettle so everything is self contained.

Reactions: Biker Eagle