DiscoII_P

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Henry
Hey everyone, decided to make a brief thread introducing myself (and my rig)!
Preston here, from Los Angeles, and I picked up my first rig a couple months ago super excited to start this new chapter of my life of disconnecting and adventure whenever it’s possible. I have an ‘03 Land Rover Disco II, was a hell of a deal that I couldn’t pass up. CA rig it’s whole life, 3rd owner, and has about 240k miles, she runs great(surprisingly ) but does have the intermittent “3 Amigos” dash lights and SRS light(which I hear is “normal” to come on after so many years of truck ownership, relating to airbag maintenance). Am in the process of getting her to a point in which I’m super comfortable with driving to a trail, hopefully sooner than later. Here’s a few pics:

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Preston here, from Los Angeles, and I picked up my first rig a couple months ago super excited to start this new chapter of my life of disconnecting and adventure whenever it’s possible. I have an ‘03 Land Rover Disco II, was a hell of a deal that I couldn’t pass up. CA rig it’s whole life, 3rd owner, and has about 240k miles, she runs great(surprisingly ) but does have the intermittent “3 Amigos” dash lights and SRS light(which I hear is “normal” to come on after so many years of truck ownership, relating to airbag maintenance). Am in the process of getting her to a point in which I’m super comfortable with driving to a trail, hopefully sooner than later. Here’s a few pics:
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Look for the LA meetup to start soon.

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, @Narbob.

Reactions: DiscoII_P

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Great pictures.
The links I gave you earlier will help you find some places to get more comfortable.

DiscoII_P

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Henry
I ran this rig for 3 years, If I could have continued to afford her I would still be running it! last of the baddass discovery line IMHO
Nice man, I feel the same....i've always loved the "utilitarian" feel and look of the Disco I & II, hoping my pockets wont hate me too much with this project :coldsweat:

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
Our SGV group meets every 3rd Thursday of the month (today) at Clearman’s Galley in Pasadena, 6-8pm. Come on by.