Greetings from Reno, NV

• HTML tutorial

Marn

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Hi Everynody!

I'm Marn. You may have seen my hooptie elsewhere on the web, as I've been active on a lot of forums over the years. This past weekend, I got my first exposure to a group of folks from Overland Bound, and I really enjoyed the trip we took, so here I am.

I've been a jeeper since about 2006, and have loved wheeling, crawling, and exploring ever since. For the last 8 years I have been working on and driving around in my 1973 Wagoneer. I've rolled this old thing all over NV, and quite a bit into CA. Its been a major project over the years. 1987 engine, MSD fuel injection and ignition, rebuilt transmission, axles from a 1977 and 1976, 4" lift, 33's, power inverter, electrical upgrades, lighting upgrades, cooling upgrades, the list goes on and on.

My wife and I primarily use it for cruising back roads, fishing trips, camping trips pulling my old vintage pop up, and basic light duty 4 wheeling. We do drag the pop up down alot of back country and desert roads, but its not built for that and its taking its toll on the old thing. As the pop up is nearing the end of its life, I was finally able to convince my wife that a highly mobile roof top tent setup would be the way to go, so we recently acquired an M416 trailer that I am just beginning to build. I'm super excited for this new "chapter" in my off-roading life, and am excited to have found an active group geared towards the same things.

campers1.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Reactions: Marn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member