Greetings from North Georgia!

• HTML tutorial

NGAJeeper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumming, Ga
Member #

Hey guys name is Ryan and I live in a little town called Cumming, Georgia just about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. I currently own a 2017 JKU on 37s and a 03 WJ on one tons. I’m a very experienced rock crawler and trail rider but have also been interested in the overland aspect of wheeling.

I’m very interested in doing the Georgia Traverse one day and eventually the TAT!!

960811EC-98AF-4B2B-971D-DAFFBC61B6E4.jpeg FF238C4D-0437-49E4-997D-CB484267F8A3.jpeg

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys name is Ryan and I live in a little town called Cumming, Georgia just about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. I currently own a 2017 JKU on 37s and a 03 WJ on one tons. I’m a very experienced rock crawler and trail rider but have also been interested in the overland aspect of wheeling.

I’m very interested in doing the Georgia Traverse one day and eventually the TAT!!

View attachment 62811 View attachment 62812
Hello Ryan and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Jeeps and look forward to seeing your adventures.

Reactions: NGAJeeper

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Looking good man! We'll have to meet up for a ride or something some day for sure, some roads that have been recommended to me (Nimblewill Gap, for instance) are up your way!

NGAJeeper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumming, Ga
Member #

Looking good man! We'll have to meet up for a ride or something some day for sure, some roads that have been recommended to me (Nimblewill Gap, for instance) are up your way!
Yup! I've done Nimblewill Gap many times. There is a cool old church up there and an old airplane crash site you can visit. Also Trey mountain is a decent trail

Reactions: martin_j001

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Yup! I've done Nimblewill Gap many times. There is a cool old church up there and an old airplane crash site you can visit. Also Trey mountain is a decent trail
Good to know! While my Outback is way more capable than I'm used to in a car (never having owned a Jeep or truck before), it's certainly no rock crawler! Need to stick to "easier" stuff to start for sure!

NGAJeeper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumming, Ga
Member #

Good to know! While my Outback is way more capable than I'm used to in a car (never having owned a Jeep or truck before), it's certainly no rock crawler! Need to stick to "easier" stuff to start for sure!
Nimblewill would be perfect for your rig. Dawson forest is another good one with a TON of history. It's a decommissioned nuclear laboratory

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Nimblewill would be perfect for your rig. Dawson forest is another good one with a TON of history. It's a decommissioned nuclear laboratory
Awesome, both are on my to-do list now for sure. I'm going to have to carve out a day on an upcoming weekend to go check these out!

djcood

Rank 0

Traveler I

Atlanta
i know this is an older thread but im new here....Im looking to do trey mtn or something similar in October, with that said do any of yall partake in groups that ride together? I am looking to ride with a group to learn new things and so on...

NGAJeeper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumming, Ga
Member #

i know this is an older thread but im new here....Im looking to do trey mtn or something similar in October, with that said do any of yall partake in groups that ride together? I am looking to ride with a group to learn new things and so on...
PM incoming

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Welcome, Ive been up and around Cumming a few times passing through when going up around Dahlonega, GA. Im from Birmingham, AL. will be hitting the Traverse in November heading up to Overland Expo in Asheville.