Launch Member

Contributor I

Landurm, SC
First Name
Adam
Last Name
J
Member #

1) I currently own a 2018 4runner SR5, and about to purchase another to build for myself.
2) Landrum, SC
3) Looking at a 2019 SR5 w/ XP package to latter add suspension and lockers.
4) Overlanding Experience Background, New.

After surviving combat and being wounded in Ramadi, Iraq in 2006 I had a hard time adjusting to civilian life in 2010 when I was retired from the Marines. I have filled most of that void with a very large loving family and a great career helping veterans by working in the VA system. That other part I am still chasing, I do trail running, lifting, anything challenging I can find to get that feeling back. I have given up trying to fill the rush of combat, which I should, and am turning to things that I have always loved. I am fly fishing more and hunting like I did when I was younger, I am also camping a lot more. I have always wanted an offroad vehicle since I was a kid but even in the military I couldn't really afford one, now money isn't the issue for once and I would like to build a basic rig to handle W NC. My wife and I would like to raise our kids to be outdoor enthusiasts and get out as much as possible, those run of the mill campsites aren't doing it. I was in charge of 5 combat vehicles in combat with advanced communications and blue force tracker (GPS system) and now I have a hard time recalling my land navigation. If you don't use it you lose it, I want to gain my skills back and teach something real to my children all the while spending time in the real wilderness, so they understand the true importance of protecting nature. I can not longer do 9-5 and spend weekends doing nothing I need to get back to my base and explore through years of research and desire I am finally taking the plunge.

I am looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting many of you members and can't wait to hit the trails. Thanks for welcoming me to the community.

Adam

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

1) I currently own a 2018 4runner SR5, and about to purchase another to build for myself.
2) Landrum, SC

After surviving combat and being wounded in Ramadi, Iraq in 2006 I had a hard time adjusting to civilian life in 2010 when I was retired from the Marines. I have filled most of that void with a very large loving family and a great career helping veterans by working in the VA system. That other part I am still chasing, I do trail running, lifting, anything challenging I can find to get that feeling back. I have given up trying to fill the rush of combat, which I should, and am turning to things that I have always loved. I am fly fishing more and hunting like I did when I was younger, I am also camping a lot more. I have always wanted an offroad vehicle since I was a kid but even in the military I couldn't really afford one, now money isn't the issue for once and I would like to build a basic rig to handle W NC. My wife and I would like to raise our kids to be outdoor enthusiasts and get out as much as possible, those run of the mill campsites aren't doing it. I was in charge of 5 combat vehicles in combat with advanced communications and blue force tracker (GPS system) and now I have a hard time recalling my land navigation. If you don't use it you lose it, I want to gain my skills back and teach something real to my children all the while spending time in the real wilderness, so they understand the true importance of protecting nature. I can not longer do 9-5 and spend weekends doing nothing I need to get back to my base and explore through years of research and desire I am finally taking the plunge.

I am looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting many of you members and can't wait to hit the trails. Thanks for welcoming me to the community.

Adam
Hello Adam and welcome to the OB crew...great vehicle for your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. US Navy Veteran myself.

Reactions: mjherron and Hesko

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Do you go Overlanding around here? Uwharie maybe?
You bet!
I go to Uhwarrie once in a while. A group of us is headed to Gorges State Park next weekend. Check it out in the OB Meetups forum

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

2) Landrum, SC

Adam
Welcome to the best days of your life and a BIG THANK YOU for your Sacrifice and service to this Great country looking forward to seeing you and your family out on the trail's

Reactions: Hesko

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Adam, welcome to Overland Bound from Missouri! Thank you for your service to your country. I to was in Ramadi but in the first half of 2007 with a PTT. Retired Navy Corpsman. I also am hoping to fill some voids with overlanding.

Reactions: Hesko

Hesko

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Landurm, SC
First Name
Adam
Last Name
J
Member #

Adam, welcome to Overland Bound from Missouri! Thank you for your service to your country. I to was in Ramadi but in the first half of 2007 with a PTT. Retired Navy Corpsman. I also am hoping to fill some voids with overlanding.
Semper Fi brother, I was there the first half of 07 during the battle of Ramadi, near Habanyiah on MSR Michingan most of the time. Nature and the wild world put me at peace man, I love to be able to raise my kids in it. Hopefully they fight to protect it in the future. My corpmen were the shit, both of them from my squad did honnor guard in my wedding, in my eyes Navy Corpman are underapreciated by the operating community, thanks for keep us grunts alive brother.

Reactions: mjherron

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Semper Fi brother, I was there the first half of 07 during the battle of Ramadi, near Habanyiah on MSR Michingan most of the time. Nature and the wild world put me at peace man, I love to be able to raise my kids in it. Hopefully they fight to protect it in the future. My corpmen were the shit, both of them from my squad did honnor guard in my wedding, in my eyes Navy Corpman are underapreciated by the operating community, thanks for keep us grunts alive brother.
Well, you know the old saying ”Semper Gumby”! MSR Michigan was definitely not my favorite place, even in 07. If you need anything just give me a shout or PM me! Oorah Devil Dog!!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
2) Landrum, SC

Adam
Welcome to the community! It was good meeting you and hitting the trails with you this weekend.