Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Hello fellow Overlanders,

New to the forum, and this looks like a great place to learn whats new in the overlanding world. So much so, I have decided I will be ordering my membership as well :) This looks like a great community to be apart of.
So about me, I'm not new to the seen, been doing this for about 20 years and 3 rigs now. I however have been out of it for about the last 6 years. My last rig was a 2005 Jeep Rubicon. Now looking to get a new Jeep Rubicon JLU Diesel to build. So goes without saying I will have to start a build thread, and keep all informed on how it goes. :) My goal is to build the rig and then do the Trans-America Trail with my son and a few friends in there rigs. Anyways glad to be a part of what seems to be one of the best overlanding sites, and communities I have came across. Look forward to meeting you all out on the trails!

Cheers, Phil

PS included a few pics of my past rig :)
DSC00188.JPG DSC00353.JPG DSC02042a.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New to the forum, and this looks like a great place to learn whats new in the overlanding world. So much so, I have decided I will be ordering my membership as well :) This looks like a great community to be apart of.
So about me, I'm not new to the seen, been doing this for about 20 years and 3 rigs now. I however have been out of it for about the last 6 years. My last rig was a 2005 Jeep Rubicon. Now looking to get a new Jeep Rubicon JLU Diesel to build. So goes without saying I will have to start a build thread, and keep all informed on how it goes. :) My goal is to build the rig and then do the Trans-America Trail with my son and a few friends in there rigs. Anyways glad to be a part of what seems to be one of the best overlanding sites, and communities I have came across. Look forward to meeting you all out on the trails!

Cheers, Phil

View attachment 41562 View attachment 41563 View attachment 41564
Hi Phil and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Can't wait to see your build thread! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Thanks Jake,

Glad to be here, I can't wait to start my new project. Come on Jeep release the diesel JLU already! :) Best wishes on your trips brother!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Cheers, Phil

Hello Phil and welcome to the OB crew..great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures...love the Avatar...I sport it right next to my badges on both front fenders on my Toyota tacoma

Attachments

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Thanks Chadlyb,

Glad to be here, and the punisher looks good on the black Toyota too.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877

Cheers, Phil

Welcome to Overland Bound Phil
Looking forward to hearing about your build.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Thanks poopie,
I’m looking forward to building it and sharing the experience for all looking to do the same.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Thanks WJ-firefly,
Glad to hear from a fellow Kentuckian. What trails do you visit? I have hit just about all of the major 4x4 and national parks in Ky and In. Hope to see you out and about.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Thanks WJ-firefly,
Glad to hear from a fellow Kentuckian. What trails do you visit? I have hit just about all of the major 4x4 and national parks in Ky and In. Hope to see you out and about.
Used to go to Wilderness Trail in Bell county. Other than that, I run trails and creekbed in Casey county. Been to Redbird SRA up in Indiana, as well as Badlands in NW Indiana. Would like to go to Wildcat soon, it is only an hour form my house, but gotta do some axle and suspension work on Firefly first. No garage so I have to have good weather to work outside on the rig and extended work requires lots of planning.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
I too do most my work in the driveway, and I have a garage...lol just no room :) so I know what you mean. I have not made it to wildcat yet might have to go there soon. If you haven’t gone to natural bridge or Harland black mountains, they are some good places to go, and some of my favorites around Ky. Primitive camp and a lot of challenging trials.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly