Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
While on Thanksgiving travels my wife and I stopped at St. John's Bakery on hwy 97. This particular middle of nowhere is located between Goldendale and Yakima, Washington. It's run by the nuns of St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Monastery. If you like bread or cake or meat or cheese or coffee or pasta or any kind of delicious Greek pastry then you really should check this place out the next time you're in the neighborhood.
They also have an online store in case you don't think you're going to be passing that way anytime soon but still want to sample the goods.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
While on Thanksgiving travels my wife and I stopped at St. John's Bakery on hwy 97. This particular middle of nowhere is located between Goldendale and Yakima, Washington. It's run by the nuns of St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Monastery. If you like bread or cake or meat or cheese or coffee or pasta or any kind of delicious Greek pastry then you really should check this place out the next time you're in the neighborhood.
They also have an online store in case you don't think you're going to be passing that way anytime soon but still want to sample the goods.
Matt, Thanks for the post, we have driven by this place for years and always thought it was just a restaurant or something. Will stop by next time and check it out. Also noticed that we are nearly neighbors, half hour or so apart, surprised I have not noticed the Hummer out and about at some point.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Matt, Thanks for the post, we have driven by this place for years and always thought it was just a restaurant or something. Will stop by next time and check it out. Also noticed that we are nearly neighbors, half hour or so apart, surprised I have not noticed the Hummer out and about at some point.
Funny, we have been passing this place for years too. Last time we tried it they were closed for some construction. So glad we did this time.

Yes, I normally do get spotted pretty easily. :) What's your rig and do you make it into the MV/Burlington area often?

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Funny, we have been passing this place for years too. Last time we tried it they were closed for some construction. So glad we did this time.

Yes, I normally do get spotted pretty easily. :) What's your rig and do you make it into the MV/Burlington area often?
We are up in the MV/Burlington area often, living on Camano we have Smokey Point or MV areas for our shopping, MV is always a far better choice .. lol We have a small fleet of rigs, but most of the time we are out in our Grand Cherokee which is raptor lined, otherwise it might be the JK or Ram, all fairly easy to recognize.
20230729_095346.jpg20220318_114120.jpgRam.jpg