Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

If anyone is interested or has been silently Pressure Cooker curious Sierra Trading has the 6qt GSI Halulite pressure cooker for $39.99 ($89.95 on GSI Website) at the moment which I think is a very solid bargain. I am not sure what shipping would be as I have a local store I ship to for free, but still a great price. I have one of these units and they work great on a camp stove allowing you to make some great food while using much less fuel. You can use the pot as a regular pot as well when not pressure cooking.I have used them in a couple of my videos and explain it a bit in this one if you are interested. I will also post the link to Sierra Trading as well.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
sounds like a good deal. i bought a 4 liter cooker for camping and it cost way more than that. i like using it for grits (milk instead of water) and to quickly cook meats and doing one-pot meals. a pressure cooker is nice to have on camp trips and its basically a pot with a locking lid, so it doesnt take up anymore room than a regular pot of equal capacity

it does really well infusing flavor and keeping meat juicy. my chicken on a grill is always dry

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Nice video presentation. Items shown are many I use at home, so kudos for that. The pressure cooker idea is intriguing, as the lower fuel consumption makes sense on those more extended back country or large gatherings and it is not practical to lug a 20 pound propane tank with you. I would love a 5 gallon tank and bracket, cost is the detremet to that for now. Overall .......Something to consider.

Reactions: grubworm