SKv11000

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Winn
@M Rose - Sorry that happened. At least you got everything back. The worst part is usually the feeling of being violated by a theif.

Congrats on the new 520. Can't wait to see it.

Reactions: M Rose

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

@MazeVX - Those mudguards look good! I need to grab a set for my Colnago for the winter.

Are they pretty easy to pop on and off?
Well they are strapped on so more or less easy but they stay were you put them, I believe the focus was more on stability than on easy handling.
First installation takes some time and the amount of protection vinyl to wrap the frame on the contact patches is a bit short so probably have some extra vinyl at hand.
But overall they are good, they don't rattle and aren't annoying while driving.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@M Rose - Sorry that happened. At least you got everything back. The worst part is usually the feeling of being violated by a theif.

Congrats on the new 520. Can't wait to see it.
The feeling of being violated weighs heavy with my wife and me. I’m struggling with it daily… but new locks, logging chains, and fence should keep the thieves at bay for a while, and let’s me sleep a little easier.

I will be posting pictures of my new 520 in December when I pick it up… I got lucky, the LBS ordered 5 in my size and I was there on delivery day and helped assemble them. Two day later I went in to put my money down and they only had one left.

Reactions: BroncoNana

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I ride a Giant Escape that I like to pretend is a do everything bike. Honestly it has been a great commuter/ gravel hybrid on the Maxis Ramblers (700x38s). I have even taken it on some serious mountain bike trails and done well. I think the key is having double wall wheels and knowing when to walk the bike over an obstacle, lol.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Thread revived!

Gravel bikes rock! Bridges so many different types of surfaces and terrain...no wonder it's becoming so popular.

Regarding "racks" and overlanding...we're using Yakima's tire mounted rack...fits both our bikes and keeps them high and outta harms way.

Screenshot_20230427-173254_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230427-174026_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230427-173822_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230427-173032_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230427-174120_Gallery.jpg

silentdesert

Rank II

Contributor II

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Thread revived!

Gravel bikes rock! Bridges so many different types of surfaces and terrain...no wonder it's becoming so popular.

Regarding "racks" and overlanding...we're using Yakima's tire mounted rack...fits both our bikes and keeps them high and outta harms way.

View attachment 256333View attachment 256334View attachment 256335View attachment 256336View attachment 256337
Who is the manufacturer of this titanium gravel rig? Appears to have a good amount of stack height for upper body/back comfort.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
hey guys...it's a small company in Xi'an...think Terracotta Warriors. Found them when I was looking to build a custom track frame some years ago. Apparently a lot of titanium is produced up there and are several OEM companies that support the industry.

Anyways...when it came to getting a gravel frame they were a natural choice due to the fact their work was exceptional on the track frame.

China has a love affair with the bicycle and it has been an amazing experience to ride and race over here. Covid pretty much shut it all down but we did managed to log 15,000km in 2 trips during that time. Just no racing or Grandfondos.

All of our overlanding focuses around the riding and in 3 weeks we take off for a 6 month tour. So totally stoked to get started.

Screenshot_20230428-071012_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Shahn and Speric

SKv11000

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Winn
We were going bonkers with several weeks of 100°+ fF+ weather and gave ourselves a break. Took a quick weekend for some camps at higher elevation in Southern Utah to one of our go-to spots. Riding was good until we were attacked by blood-sucking deer flies... then it was good again. Returned home and had cancer treatment the following day.

IMG_0756.png IMG_0759.pngIMG_0767.png IMG_0786.pngIMG_0797.png IMG_0802.png

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
The first 5 pics look great (except the mention of the damn deer flies).............the last one, not so much. Keep the spirits high as it's also critical in the treatment journey! Be well.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
We were going bonkers with several weeks of 100°+ fF+ weather and gave ourselves a break. Took a quick weekend for some camps at higher elevation in Southern Utah to one of our go-to spots. Riding was good until we were attacked by blood-sucking deer flies... then it was good again. Returned home and had cancer treatment the following day.

View attachment 263555 View attachment 263556View attachment 263557 View attachment 263558View attachment 263559 View attachment 263561
Nice distraction my fellow RTT brother

Reactions: Shahn and SKv11000

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
- Everything is going to be ok.

We also have the same POC
ya...they're pretty comfortable...you guys look like you're really dialed into riding...awesome. Our overlanding is mostly about the riding...especially the climbs. On a more somber note...a real pity about your young cyclo cross champ

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
I'd assume that that area is a pretty foreign place for bikes?
We have seen a bikepackers all loaded up...but for the most part they are sleeping in the little hotels because they are so cheap. Otherwise no bikes...terrain is either up or down which might have something to do with it...haha