Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Where did you get the general mechanics tool box? I didn’t know those made it to the civilian market. Did it come with the drawers?

Not sure what you're talking about, Michael. The image in my post shows a thermoplastic kitchen box with a single silverware drawer, made as a kitchen box for camping, and a Zarges K470 with no drawers.

Sounds interesting, though, if something made for military but not the public.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ahh, the thermoplastic Kitchen box looks similar to an Army General Mechanic’s Tool Chest -KIT GMTK-4, but after looking more closely I can see huge differences...

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Ahh, the thermoplastic Kitchen box looks similar to an Army General Mechanic’s Tool Chest -KIT GMTK-4, but after looking more closely I can see huge differences...

Ahh, yeah, it does. I couldn't figure out of your reply included the wrong quote from another thread or what.

That's an interesting looking mechanic's kit. I see there are some others on eBay for $199, though I can't think of a good use for my style of packing. I keep most of my tools, outside of sockets, in a heavy duty tool roll with individual zippered pouches.

Cool item though!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Ahh, yeah, it does. I couldn't figure out of your reply included the wrong quote from another thread or what.

That's an interesting looking mechanic's kit. I see there are some others on eBay for $199, though I can't think of a good use for my style of packing. I keep most of my tools, outside of sockets, in a heavy duty tool roll with individual zippered pouches.

Cool item though!

Yes the other ones are without tools... I think the kit is overpriced for what it is... I have had to piece the darn thing together several times over the years and was always way under $200, I had to buy a few parts for the box from the Army supply and even then i was only charged like 50 bucks.

the black spacers between the drawers are also removable. I would leave one drawer for utensils and the rest for pots and pans, then set my Colman stoves on top... there is even a cubby for my spices lol

mid

Reactions: Road