Grand canyon

• HTML tutorial

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Anyone gnna be in the Area of the Grand Canyon from April 1st 2018 - April 7th? we will be there with our kids, looking to take the drive to the bottom and hang out for the day. It would be cool to meet with other members for the drive there. Lok forward to hearing from you guys!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Anyone gnna be in the Area of the Grand Canyon from April 1st 2018 - April 7th? we will be there with our kids, looking to take the drive to the bottom and hang out for the day. It would be cool to meet with other members for the drive there. Lok forward to hearing from you guys!
The drive to the bottom? Diamond Creek River Rd? Peach Springs?

Reactions: Sheepdog831

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I’m thinking Diamond Creek, but I’m a green horn. Never been there
You might want to do a bit of research on it, @Sheepdog831 - as Diamond Creek and Peach Spring is a good ways to the west of the main part of the Canyon and is nowhere near as dramatic or exciting. It's kind of cool to drive, but it's not really like being on the floor of the Grand Canyon.

You have to pay the Hualapai Indian Res, last time I heard, at 25-30 bucks per person to drive in about 15-20 miles. Then when you get there there's not much to do. I think there's a campground but it may or may not still be there. Better drive is around the east end of the canyon and across the Colorado on 89 on the Navajo bridge near Tanner's Crossing and look for California Condors, etc, then drive around to the North Rim. Higher elevation, less crowd, aspen and pine forest, etc. South Rim is often crowded, but still interesting.

There are articles out there about the "drive to the bottom of the Canyon" that will be worth reading, but you might be disappointed with the actual experience. You can hike down in from either North or South Rim and camp in the canyon, and that can be really exciting and cool.

Here's another thread with a bunch of info on the Canyon area, both North and South Rim: Grand Canyon South Rim Trip

Let us know what you end up doing and how you liked it! It's an amazing part of the country.

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Thank you!!! Yeah, we are not from the area and are looking for a good adventure. Nikki and I will have 4 kids with us 3 teens and a 10 year old, so if it sucks, I’m worried they would stone me to death for wasting precious adventure time! Lol

Reactions: Steve