Delkat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Bay Area CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AET
I am considering a trip to the North Rim of the GC in April. I know the main road into the park is closed until May 15th but are the off-road routes also gated into the park? Specifically I'd like to get to some of the overlooks on the North Rim like Toroweap, SB Point, Whitmore Point, Kelly Point, Twin Point, etc. The routes I have on file show the off-road tracks coming in from the St. George and Fredonia areas.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on what to prioritize in terms of areas to explore, please present them. I will only have 3-4 days in the area.

Thanks!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Take a look in the maps section or the forums page specific to that region. There should be a lot of helpful info.

Delkat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AET
Take a look in the maps section or the forums page specific to that region. There should be a lot of helpful info.
Thanks for the guidance. Before I posted here I searched the "Routes" sections for "Grand Canyon" and got nothing but "Fern Canyon". When you say "page specific to the region", do you mean the North America region and the 50 or so sub-regions? Wow we've gotten really complicated on this forum. I'm just looking for some advice on planning a trip to the GC but I'm having a tough time finding where to look. I thought "Trip Planning" would be the right place to start.

Thanks

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Thanks for the guidance. Before I posted here I searched the "Routes" sections for "Grand Canyon" and got nothing but "Fern Canyon". When you say "page specific to the region", do you mean the North America region and the 50 or so sub-regions? Wow we've gotten really complicated on this forum. I'm just looking for some advice on planning a trip to the GC but I'm having a tough time finding where to look. I thought "Trip Planning" would be the right place to start.

Thanks
What did you find out? I am also planning a trip to the North Rim and I can’t find anything in the map section of the app. Thanks

Delkat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AET

Thanks
What did you find out? I am also planning a trip to the North Rim and I can’t find anything in the map section of the app. Thanks
We ended up spending a night at Toroweap. It was beautiful and quiet. No one within miles. We were going to go down to the river at Whitmore but decided to go up to Zion and Bryce instead.

Now that the North Rim is open, you have a lot of other choices for overlooks in that direction.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

I am just in the planning stages and looking for suggestions about where to go and what to avoid. Thanks