Rank II

Enthusiast I

203 East Broadway Avenue, Pierre, South Dakota 57501, United States
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Wexler
Member #

Hey everyone...This is one of my first posts since becoming an official member so forgive me if this is located in another spot. I have a built 4runner and enjoy shelf roads and other moderate stuf...No I don't rock climb much as it's also the daily driver.

A friend of mine and I want to try Wyoming and/or Montana for a first time in mid-August. Any good trails or sharable gpx files for these areas. I do have the Garmin Overlander and am learning on that unit. Looking for all the advice!

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Sunlight Road in the Absaroka’s southwest of the Morrison Jeep Trail is mostly easy but beautiful and has shelf sections and a few water crossings and camps. I went about 80% up. My wife wasn’t comfortable with what was coming. I assume some might consider that moderate when the switchbacks start. It eventually elevates beyond trees to a rocky shelf. I’m not sure there is a turnaround though so I was also concerned about having to back up a ways. Venture4WD in YouTube did it 2-3 years back. That’s where I learned of it.

Reactions: John Bishop

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone...This is one of my first posts since becoming an official member so forgive me if this is located in another spot. I have a built 4runner and enjoy shelf roads and other moderate stuf...No I don't rock climb much as it's also the daily driver.

A friend of mine and I want to try Wyoming and/or Montana for a first time in mid-August. Any good trails or sharable gpx files for these areas. I do have the Garmin Overlander and am learning on that unit. Looking for all the advice!
You might check out the Continental Divide GPX, you can just use the WY/MT part.