Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I have an idea that I'm trying to iron out the finer points. If I get it to work then you will be able to use it anywhere without losing satellite connection. my idea is 2 fold. firstly I'm thinking about a large sheet of paper which is foldable and on it is a 2 dimension picture of the land showing all sorts of features from mountains and rivers to perhaps buildings and roads. the second part of my idea is a device that works on the earth's magnetic field and can be used in conjunction withe the folding paper picture (which I will call a map or something like that). The device will show a Cardinal direction no matter what the weather or whether in deepest darkest backcountry.

OK guys I'm joking but does no one use maps and compass anymore?

Reactions: Steve

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I have an idea that I'm trying to iron out the finer points. If I get it to work then you will be able to use it anywhere without losing satellite connection. my idea is 2 fold. firstly I'm thinking about a large sheet of paper which is foldable and on it is a 2 dimension picture of the land showing all sorts of features from mountains and rivers to perhaps buildings and roads. the second part of my idea is a device that works on the earth's magnetic field and can be used in conjunction withe the folding paper picture (which I will call a map or something like that). The device will show a Cardinal direction no matter what the weather or whether in deepest darkest backcountry.

OK guys I'm joking but does no one use maps and compass anymore?
Compass no, maps yes but they always seem to be printed upside down. It's very confusing and my neck starts to hurt by tilting it.