Enthusiast III

New York
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Aaa
Member #

Time to sell my '02 XJ because there's a new boss in town :smiley:

I've used my XJ Cherokee for about a year for semi-serious off-roading but I really wanted a larger vehicle to do expedition-style trips rather than just trail riding, and in a little more comfort too. For me, this is the holy grail of expedition rigs - when I think of old school 7o's style off roading, the Cherokee is what I've always pictured as the ideal vehicle. So in a couple weeks I'm going for an inaugural trip, nothing serious but a good 3-day trip across the Trans-Mass Trail, and the Puppy Dog Route - two routes across Massachusetts and Vermont that supposedly are 80% unmaintained dirt roads. After that, who knows - I'd love to do the Trans-America Trail one day...

Anyway just figured I'd share - maybe inspire some old-school dreaming!

ManWithJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Aaa
Member #

Thanks, it appears someone rebuilt it recently. Not a spot of rust, but still going to put it up on the lift and inspect more closely, make sure nothing is being covered up. Drives like a dream though, so for now i'm happy!

pabstandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

jacksonville, fl
Member #

Way back when I was 16 there was a bright orange 79 Cherokee Chief for sale around the corner from my home and I so desperately fell in love with it. I begged and pleaded but my parents would rather me not of been in that as a first vehicle even though my older brother had a cj7 for his first car... or maybe it was because he had a cj7 for his first car

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I love the old Jeep Cherokees and Wagoners ... Somebody loved that 79' Cherokee, somebody, babied it and took care of it ... It looks amazing!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Nice! Old rigs are always cooler then new rigs, in my mind. Keep the community updated on how she does on your adventure.