Got a boo boo...

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

20160102_224923.jpg 20160102_224923.jpg Well... today is my wife and my anniversary and we went to Indianapolis to go to a wine and canvas paint thing and stay at a hotel. We arrived a our hotel and I drove around the side looking for a place to park, after that failed I turned around to go to the other side and did not see this light pole. Needless to say the pole won. It was just dark and I didn't see it. Soooo...... AAA is gonna tow me home tomorrow where I wait for the adjuster to come look at it. Luckily I have good insurance.

Reactions: Byron Eby

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
Ouch, a boo boo indeed. Good news is that that most of the damage appears to be cosmetic (just guessing here) and no one was hurt. Also......do I see an aftermarket bumper in your future? Seems like the perfect opportunity to upgrade, hah.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Glad it was not worse (could have toppled the pole on top of the car, seen that happen with a Cadillac at work as well) and your girl does not look very thrilled in the passenger seat. But put it behind you and upgrade. I know my girl would never let this down, she would point out everything inside the parking lot for me for a while. Hopefully your girl is more forgiving.

Agree on the new acquisition of protection, at least its one thing to look forward to after something happens. Oddly enough, several years back one of our security patrol guys at work was driving at 0 dark 30 thru the lot and somehow hit one of those yellow safety pole full of concrete. It was one of 8 protecting the fire system. He hit it with so much force he drove up it, and had the pole sitting near the rear axle. The hydrant was under the engine. One of the fork lift drivers for the company did the recovery lifting it straight off. Instead of telling the guys to watch out and slow down they ended up picking up 10 or so ARB Bull Bumpers for the Jeep Grand Cherokees. Over the next few years they would windup hitting a few parked cars. Could imagine how a plate bumper can can-open a typical sedan. They ended up dropping the Jeeps, buying a couple Ford Escape Hybrids, and a fleet of bicycles. Sucks to be a new guy I suppose.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I've always liked the Rodeos. Would love to have a late 80's, early 90's Trooper.

Jacob_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Sucks about the Jeep hopefully everything works out for you.
The rodeo is cool, what's the specs/accessories?