KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
This news really bums me out :disrelieved:

I have loved my Cooper tires over the years. 2 sets of STT (not pro), 3 sets of AT3 and 2 sets of ST Maxx. On the other hand I have hated the 4 sets of Goodyear tires I've had. Where am I going to get a non MT 255/85R16 nowadays?

Reactions: shermantank55

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Too aggressive for my daily drive. I have to use my Sierra as a daily driver as well as adventure-mobile. So I'm going to be more in the market for something not a highway tire, but entry into All Terrain. Maybe something like the Trailrunner, or the Cooper Discovery AT3. Topping out at BFG's or Duratrac at the most aggressive end of my spectrum.

Even if I fix up the '99 Jeep GC, I'd still go mild to midland AT. Because it would double duty on the road.

But those look cool if you plan on being in the mud

I used to daily drive on Cooper STT Pro's and will again soon. Modern MT's aren't as bad as they used to be. The STT's were better on the street than Duratracs. DT's are too soft.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

My Mastercraft Courser AXT2's might be involved in the re-call. They've got about 15,000 miles on them.

I wonder how this will work, never had a full set of tires re-called before.??

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Just drive into thier shop. Get a new set of comparable tires, unless they check them and they dont meet the recall criteria?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If GY messes up the STT pro, I'll be switching to these:
My wife is running these in her 2004 4Runner for a year now. We have yet to find a terrain they couldn’t handle. The do good in mud, snow, ice, and wet pavement, some people might complain of the tire hum though... but we enjoy the hum...

Reactions: MidOH

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Goodyear will retain the Cooper tire name and all that goes with them. The Goodyear name will continue focusing on passenger tires.The Cooper brand name will continue focusing on “fun” tires. That is the plan. If you have to ask how I know, I can’t tell you. Then again, it’s too late to purchase stock in Goodyear.