goneMOAB 2017

• HTML tutorial

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

These pictures are from the Gathering Of Nissan Enthusiasts meet held May 22nd-26th. There were a total of 145 rigs at this years week long event. The majority drove Nissan's of all varieties but we did have a few Jeeps, Toyota's and other makes join in on the fun.

The trails offered run the gamut from easy (green) to extreme (black). Each run is limited to 20 rigs and has a designated trail leader and usually a tail gunner as well. The festivities include a Meet and Greet for registration where each vehicle gets inspected, a pizza banquet, an awards banquet with raffle and an unofficial bbq at a local campground.

Now to the photo's...

Poison Spider MesaIMG_5170.JPG IMG_5180.JPG IMG_5182.JPG Jen 3.jpg Jen 4.jpg IMG_5196.JPG

Last edited:

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Porcupine Rim
IMG_5344.JPG IMG_5347.JPG IMG_5348.JPG IMG_5349.JPG IMG_5353.JPG IMG_5358.JPG
As you can see by the photo's, this trail is right on the edge of a cliff with about a 400' drop. Right behind the spotter above is the edge and if you went off the trail it would be certain death.

Unfortunately, we had a major mechanical break down before we made it to the top of the climb. The Nissan Safari bent a rear link which caused the pinion to shatter. After a lengthy repair to straighten and reattach the link and remove the rear drive shaft, we turned around and made room for the Safari driver to BACK out of about 3 miles of very rough trail!
IMG_5362.JPG IMG_5365.JPG

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Moab is a spectacular place to go off road and gone is a well run meet that I will attend over and over again. I encourage anyone who is interested to consider coming out next may and joining in on the fun. While it is a gathering of nissan enthusiasts, all rigs are welcome to attend.

Here is a link to the website for this years meet. Keep an eye on it as it will be updated for next years gathering which takes place the week before Memorial Day annually.

http://gonemoab.com/

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

Great photos. V-Notch on Poison Spider always looks better from the back side and I still forgot to get photos from that angle.

Reactions: BCBrian

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

Looks like another awesome event. I went in 2013, had overheating issues on day 2 out on elephant hill. Towed my 04 S/C Frontier back to Denver, head gasket let go . Great people, I'll definitely attend again.

Reactions: BCBrian

Denver6161

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Denver
Member #

I left Moab the Sunday that goneMOAB started this year. As a recovering Xterra owner (I miss my last truck all the time!) it was great to see so many good looking Nissan rigs coming into the area. Looks like a good time!

Reactions: DanR and BCBrian