• HTML tutorial

Funmobile

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yuba City
Member #

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hello everyone,
This past weekend I had the extreme pleasure of doing an overnight trip into Gold lake, with my three daughters. (My oldest being OB#8641) It was her intro to 4wd, snow, ice and winching. All in all, a perfect trip and wonderful memories. To those familiar with the area, Gold Lake hwy is completely open and winching was required to get over uphill ice sections of the 4wd trail. Once in the 4wd camp, we had the area to ourselves and that side of the lake was frozen approx 12" thick. Night time low was approximately 20°. We brought home a couple bags of debris from previous occupants and left the area better than we found it. Big props to my pint sized little one(s) on her first overland adventure.

Attachments

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Looks like a great trip! We've been there many times, but never this time of year. It's the best when you can be there with no one else around. Glad you and your girls got to experience it that way.

We tried coming into the camp area early one season when there was still some snow patches scattered around the woods. We were in our stock Rubicon and ended up getting stuck "delayed" for a bit. We didn't have a which at the time. After digging out for a few hours with our tiny shovel, it made the wife much more agreeable to our next mods... winch, bumpers, & more lift.

And thanks for packing out those other folks trash! Much appreciated!