Launch Member

Traveler I

Clovis, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

I have a set of E-Series Rigid lights, 2 spots & 2 floods, that I was looking to mount to my Gobi Stealth rack above the windshield. After being on order for 3 months, the rack arrived and after many hours, my Dad & I had it installed. I took my lights over to a local shop to have them run the wiring and get everything put together. I received a call from the shop stating that the lights wouldn't fit in the gap designed to house the lights on the Gobi rack. With the current mounting brackets, the lights would not fit in the gap between the upper and lower crossbar.

Now it's my understanding that the Stealth rack was designed for the E-Series of lights. My configuration of Stealth is meant to have multiple (4) small lights mounted to it as opposed to a single wide light bar. I measured the actual glass portion of the LED light face & it's 6"x2" which is what I thought the rack was designed for. Now, looking over the lights, I do not see any model numbers anywhere. It only says "Rigid USA" along the face of the frame on either side. The current mounting bracket has a single bolt in the center of the lower plate with two upright arms on either side of the light affixed to a bolt. I removed the mounting bracket itself and the light appears that it may fit if there was a different type of bracket available.

My question to you all is, has anyone installed lights on their Gobi Rack recently? If so, what lights did you use? Here are some pics of my lights for reference, with and without the bracket.

Attachments

McKingfish

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clovis, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

I saw that website but unfortunately they didn't show any pics of their modifications or describe how they modified the bracket.

McKingfish

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clovis, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

I believe I finally got this all sorted. With the help of Paul from Gobi Racks, I learned that Gobi manufacturers their own custom light cradles for Rigid Industries lights. I sent him a sketch of the light cradles (brackets) that I have and he provided close up pics of what they offer. $80 later, I have my Gobi Racks light cradles in the production queue. Unfortunately they didn't have any in-stock so it will be a few weeks before they will be ready to ship. So if your in the market for a Gobi Rack, remember to purchase the light mounts at the same time direct from Gobi. The light cradles are only available from Gobi.

Attachments

Reactions: JeffG98034 and Road

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

I believe I finally got this all sorted. With the help of Paul from Gobi Racks, I learned that Gobi manufacturers their own custom light cradles for Rigid Industries lights. I sent him a sketch of the light cradles (brackets) that I have and he provided close up pics of what they offer. $80 later, I have my Gobi Racks light cradles in the production queue. Unfortunately they didn't have any in-stock so it will be a few weeks before they will be ready to ship. So if your in the market for a Gobi Rack, remember to purchase the light mounts at the same time direct from Gobi. The light cradles are only available from Gobi.
Thats good info to know..thanks!