Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moss, Norway
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Rebnord
Member #

I hope someone can help me find what I'm looking for here.

After 20 yrs on various forums in a variety of genres, I've become accustomed to a general layout that most (large) forums tend to follow. Unable to find it after searching high and low on different pages here for an icon or text associated with the thread title and of course also using the search engine, I've not found a "go to first unread" button anywhere. Is this feature really not enabled on these forums?
If so I'm baffled. Not just that it's not enabled, but that no one has requested it sooner on a forum with this many users (as evident by using the search engine that yielded zero results). Where is the simple icon or button that takes me to the first new/ unread post in a thread, whether I follow it or not?
My bookmark for this forum takes me to watched threads as I always like to start there. A thread with 50 pages and hundreds of posts is kinda hard to navigate back to where you last read if you have to start at post #1 every time you click the link.

I assume everyone knows what I'm talking about, but just in case;
This is an from ADVrider:

1587977247485.png

Please give me a "Go to first unread"-button :grinning:
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I hope someone can help me find what I'm looking for here.

After 20 yrs on various forums in a variety of genres, I've become accustomed to a general layout that most (large) forums tend to follow. Unable to find it after searching high and low on different pages here for an icon or text associated with the thread title and of course also using the search engine, I've not found a "go to first unread" button anywhere. Is this feature really not enabled on these forums?
If so I'm baffled. Not just that it's not enabled, but that no one has requested it sooner on a forum with this many users (as evident by using the search engine that yielded zero results). Where is the simple icon or button that takes me to the first new/ unread post in a thread, whether I follow it or not?
My bookmark for this forum takes me to watched threads as I always like to start there. A thread with 50 pages and hundreds of posts is kinda hard to navigate back to where you last read if you have to start at post #1 every time you click the link.

I assume everyone knows what I'm talking about, but just in case;
This is an from ADVrider:

View attachment 151328

Please give me a "Go to first unread"-button :grinning:
Thanks
Hi there!

This is deprecated. The current behavior is: If there are new posts since the last time you visited the thread, the thread title will be bold. Clicking it will take you to the first unread post.

Let me know if that is not working.

M

Reactions: Gravel Seeker

Gravel Seeker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moss, Norway
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Rebnord
Member #

Hi there!

This is deprecated. The current behavior is: If there are new posts since the last time you visited the thread, the thread title will be bold. Clicking it will take you to the first unread post.

Let me know if that is not working.

M
Ahh, alright. Thanks. Just stuck in a rut here looking for a function I'm used to :fearscream::wink: