Go Rhino Motorized Sports bar - wiring help?

• HTML tutorial

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
I have a Go Rhino sports bar 2.0 with the motorized actuator rigged up with two 10" LED bars. I also have a 4 channel wireless controller and two cube lights. The top LED bars are wired together, and the rear cubes are wired together.

After dropping $600 at a shop, the best they could do is setup channel 1 for motor up, channel 2 for motor down, channel 3 for lights on/off, and channel 4 for my rear cubes.

This works well, but is not what I was after. I wanted the top lights and motor up to be on channel 1, the motor down on channel 2, and the rear lights toggle on channel 3. I would also be happy with the top lights on one channel, the motor forward and back on a channel, and the rear on a third.

The reason I am pushing for 3 channels total is because the wireless controller programs to the HomeLink buttons in the cab, making for a clean factory type installation. There are only 3 buttons in the cab.

I am certain this is possible using two relays as an H circuit, and believe their are a couple other ways to go about this as well. Unfortunately I think the task was beyond the shops abilities and should have pulled out early when they got angry with me for getting the installation complete up to the engine bay myself. After having my truck in their shop day and a half, at least things are working.

Any ideas? Anyone in the upper Oregon area know how to do this and willing to help?IMG_20180526_233019.jpgIMG_20180526_233104.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using OB Talk mobile app