Launch Member

Advocate III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
S
Member #

Ok so I just put in and paid for a GMRS license. There's no call sign on my application. Do they contact me later with one?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Ok so I just put in and paid for a GMRS license. There's no call sign on my application. Do they contact me later with one?
Contact later after processing is typically how it works, at least with the FCC and FAA. Not positive on the GMRS license though.

BronxRecon

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Weaverville, NC, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Holtzman
Member #

I got mine recently. Once approved there will be a document that you can download and print that they want you to keep in your car. That document has a Call Sign on it.

Reactions: Ubiety

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

In about 24-48 hrs you should receive an email. Or you can check the FCC ULS system to see if your license has been granted.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I got mine recently. Once approved there will be a document that you can download and print that they want you to keep in your car. That document has a Call Sign on it.
You're no longer required to keep a paper document around or in your car. As long as you're in the ULS you're good to go.
@SCS before COVID they were getting GMRS call signs out in 24-48 hours. Not sure how long it's taking right now.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
My buddy put in for his GMRS license late Sunday night and had his call when he woke up this morning.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Call signs on GMRS are rarely if ever used. The only time you might use it would be accessing a repeater. You can also always check your FCC license on the web site by unsing the FRN number you got when purchasing the licence, all FCC licenses are public record