GMC Terrain Overland Build

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Nbyapp

Rank I
Adventure

Traveler I

Portland, OR
First Name
Nolen
Last Name
Yapp
Member #

Here’s a thread of helping my buddy Alex build his AWD 2021 GMC Terrain SLE to an Overlanding capable vehicle! It’s been a challenge so far with a lack of aftermarket parts available for it, but as of right now, we’re making some great strides! Will keep y’all posted! Any advice on how we can give him a couple more inches of ground clearance? Can’t find spacers or anything anywhere for this car haha thanks!

Attachments

Reactions: Ronin47

nmproia

Rank 0

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Proia
I know nothing about GMC vehicles, but check to see if there are other GM vehicles that share parts with your cars that may have aftermarket parts available.

For example, My Land Cruiser shares about a billion parts with the Tundra. I can use all those parts that are marketed for the Tundra on my Cruiser(like a fan belt or spark plug etc).

Dilldog

Rank V

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7LVO
Service Branch
USAF
As those guys are based off of a car chassis I would imagine you will need to fabricate your own lift. I would take a page from the Sprinter van book, most Sprinter van lifts are simply spacers that go between the power plant sub frame and the body, then spacers for the rear springs (these would be easy enough to source, just measure the diameter of the spring and look at some specs for spacers). Would be easy to fabricate but labor intensive to get all the measurements taken and everything installed.

victorvilln

Rank 0

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Villa
This is literally the only gmc terrain I have found with mods online lol. Whats the wheel set up. I have a terrain and would love to see more on this build.