Investor

Influencer II

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
First Name
Nolen
Last Name
Yapp
Member #

Here’s a thread of helping my buddy Alex build his AWD 2021 GMC Terrain SLE to an Overlanding capable vehicle! It’s been a challenge so far with a lack of aftermarket parts available for it, but as of right now, we’re making some great strides! Will keep y’all posted! Any advice on how we can give him a couple more inches of ground clearance? Can’t find spacers or anything anywhere for this car haha thanks!

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I know a guy on here with a rav4 who purchased springs using lengths and spring rates to give him some lift. Maybe an idea on that front. Search for the SVO...small vehicle overlanding thread and there is some info in there. I may do the same for the patriot.

Also, there is a company called spaccer who makes spacers for most everything. You can check them out too. One thing to remember is your cv angles. Keep an eye on them when going up!

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Interesting take! My girl has a 2013 with 6 cyl. Those are very grippy and nice to drive.

One thing, though, if I may...pretty brave having that tangle of CB cable right near the driver's right foot. For me, personally, I'd be inclined to move the CB to the passenger side of the center console. Actually easier to see without cranking your head down at a harsh angle. And no chance of tangling the driver foot

RioRideNM

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Rio Rancho
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Seligman
We were looking at the terrain before we picked up my wife’s new 4Runner. That said, I remember coming across these for elevation increases on the terrain. Seems like a simple spacer lift, although a bit pricey and not much in terms of reviews on the product or company that I could find.

Reactions: Nbyapp

Nbyapp

Rank IV
Investor

Influencer II

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
First Name
Nolen
Last Name
Yapp
Member #

Interesting take! My girl has a 2013 with 6 cyl. Those are very grippy and nice to drive.

One thing, though, if I may...pretty brave having that tangle of CB cable right near the driver's right foot. For me, personally, I'd be inclined to move the CB to the passenger side of the center console. Actually easier to see without cranking your head down at a harsh angle. And no chance of tangling the driver foot
Yeah as soon as I saw that it was wrapping his foot we tuck the cord now in between the passenger seat and the center console on a coil system! Thank you!

TX325TerrainAT4

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Yanez
Here’s a thread of helping my buddy Alex build his AWD 2021 GMC Terrain SLE to an Overlanding capable vehicle! It’s been a challenge so far with a lack of aftermarket parts available for it, but as of right now, we’re making some great strides! Will keep y’all posted! Any advice on how we can give him a couple more inches of ground clearance? Can’t find spacers or anything anywhere for this car haha thanks!

Hey there! How did this build come out? I just purchased a new 2024 Terrain AT4 and am looking for build ideas!