GMC 2500HD War Rig

• HTML tutorial

Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

These trucks makes me want a fullsize, not that I need one, but I want one just for the fun of it, something that kinda screams "GET OUTTA MY WAYYY!!!!"
Oh yah! It's definitely bigger then the Sonoma I used to drive. I'm still afraid to park next to people because I think I'll hit them when pulling out.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I've got an 07 k2500HD. I love it. Wander the back woods and return to pull a giant trailer! Plus mines tall enough no one asks me to help them move!

Reactions: Ttwixxxx

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Denver6161

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Denver
Member #

Ttwixxxx, I don't mean to intentionally derail the thread but is that a Chevy LUV pickup in your profile picture?

Reactions: Ttwixxxx

Denver6161

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Denver
Member #

I grew up in SE Montana and they were thick up there! I had a 73 and wish it was still around all the time.

Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

65 in February? In Michigan?!?! Better put on the lift kit.

Took me an the old man all day and a lot bigger head ache then we thought. (3hours to get the rust welded keys out) but it's now sitting 2.5inches taller.

KIMG0126.jpg KIMG0128.jpg KIMG0129.jpg
Forgot to take pictures of it, I'll get one after it's aligned on Monday.

SlashX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pico Rivea, Ca
First Name
Slash
Last Name
MrX
Member #

Nice looking truck. I glad to see another full size truck. I got a 2015 2500, it's heavy as ...But it has all the power I need at the moment.

Reactions: Rusty burbin

Tony Vickers

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Seattle
Member #

Do you feel having the tent on top makes your rig top heavy? I've been kicking around the idea of a trailer, but everyone I've seen gets them stuck or they flip over.

Reactions: SlashX

Tony Vickers

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Seattle
Member #

Trust me I know what you mean.. I did a week long trip to the grand canyon and overland expo west last year with my wife and 2 kids and we used every inch of this truck...

With your tent in that location, do you find your truck top heavy at times when climbing over things?

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

When I'm finished (haha that will never happen) I would like to be able to take it up into Canada/Alaska/Northern States and be able to stay off grid for 3 or 4 days with out being worried about food, water and shelter.
That's the direction I'm taking my rig! I love the idea of heading out into the wild blue yander with worries about food, shelter, reliability, getting stuck or breaking down and not have the necessary tools/parts to get back to civilization. I'm in a 1970 K20 Suburban with some fun mods.

Gotta love a heavy chevy!

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban