Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

This is my 2500HD that I've named "War Rig"

ECLB
WT
Floor shift 4x4
Rubber floors
285/75/16 Hercules A/T tires on American Racing black rims.

Took her on a few light trails this summer and handled pretty good. I would like to try a little heavier stuff after a lift an maybe a winch.

0417161406.jpg IMG_20161111_190839.jpg 0507161313.jpg

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

I got mine from discountautomirrors for 183 shipped. Power too. Non-heated, but my 2500 didn't have the stock ones heated anyways

Reactions: Ttwixxxx

Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

Did a little shopping today for LEDs. Got these at Wal-Mart. They fit in the slots on my stock front bumper perfectly! Just need to get a few things from work tomorrow so I can install them.

KIMG0061.jpg

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Trust me I know what you mean.. I did a week long trip to the grand canyon and overland expo west last year with my wife and 2 kids and we used every inch of this truck...

That's a great rig! What are those black cases on the left of the jerry can?

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

That's a great rig! What are those black cases on the left of the jerry can?
I don't want to derail this gents thread much.. They are gear pods specifically built to attach to this rack.. To basically hold junk.. Like one has my recovery gear...

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I don't want to derail this gents thread much.. They are gear pods specifically built to attach to this rack.. To basically hold junk.. Like one has my recovery gear...

That's very useful, I'll have to look into those...

And to rerail this thread, the War Rig looks sweet! Nice to see heavier trucks being used as overland rigs.

Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

You are perfectly fine Scott. The more I look at the web sight an how other people have used it, the more ideas come to my head. It's one of those, "if I had that, then I could do...." things that I am definitely going to look into getting

Reactions: SilverBadger

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

You are perfectly fine Scott. The more I look at the web sight an how other people have used it, the more ideas come to my head. It's one of those, "if I had that, then I could do...." things that I am definitely going to look into getting
And there goes another one, fallen into the hole that defines vehicle modification. Welcome, make yourself comfortable, you will never leave [emoji23]

E

expeditionnorth

nice rig, so what are the long term goals for this beast ?

Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

This is how not to install LEDs

1) Have a truck that won't fit in the garage
1.5) Dont forget to toss those instructions
KIMG0064.jpg

2) Pick a day when it's going to be between 40 and 35 degrees out side
3) Get assorted hardware from work that you won't be able to use because it to short.
KIMG0066.jpg
4) Mount one and take a gander at it

KIMG0067.jpg

5) Get frustrated with wiring and forget to take pictures
6) Call your dad for help
7) Turns out you put the positive wire on the negative terminal. But it's not your fault, they shouldn't have made the wire color black.