Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Hey everyone was curious if anyone has a diesel jeep gladiator if so how do you like it ? My wife needs a new vehicle and she likes the Jeep’s … thanks in advance

JEEPNMEDIC

Rank I

Contributor III

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Wilder
I got mine in sept, and absolutely love it. very comfortable ride, lots of torque. my buddy has the gasser and i would say the diesel is way worth the extra cost.

GreyMatter

Rank V

Advocate I

Parole, MD, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SVJ
I got mine in sept, and absolutely love it. very comfortable ride, lots of torque. my buddy has the gasser and i would say the diesel is way worth the extra cost.
Any worries about not being able to find fuel in remote locations?

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

I don’t have a diesel gladiator but do have two diesel 4x4 vans & I have never had an issue finding diesel for them… The more rural the easier to find it or at least this has been my experience.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I just hate southern truck stops. Just because a trucker has no issues with a 1 hour fuel stop, doesnt mean that I'm ok with that.

Some companies are fixing that. And the semi pumps have card readers that operate the pump directly attached to the reader. No more hokey pokey secret handshake to get the pump started.

At work, I have all of the efficient fuel stops memorized for my AO.

JEEPNMEDIC

Rank I

Contributor III

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Wilder
I dont feel it will be too hard, and i agree with MSD, rural areas are easier to find it and if you have the right tools you can find it way cheaper then "truck stops" just by going further away from them. ex i had a class A diesel pusher last year, and truckstops right off the interstate where and easy 50-90 cents higher then if i was to find the little gas station down the street, problem was my 38ft class A couldnt fit at the smaller ones so I had to go to the truck stops.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

IMO it's not worth it but I'm more utilitarian and don't require massive torque on demand. My max tow has a higher payload and tow capacity than the diesel and the only time I've found it lacking was with 6k behind me going up a steady 8% grade. My gas engine has been fine so far and it'll only get better when Eaton finally drops the TrueTrac and I re-gear. Adding in the overheating and pulling power issue the diesel had (dunno if resolved), I have zero regrets going with the 3.6L.

I guess what I'm saying is that don't buy a diesel because you want to do typical diesel things, buy the diesel because you want the torque driving around and don't care that you're spending more.

Reactions: Tundracamper