Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715

We’ll make a big loop exploring the southern Washington cascades with several stops to explore or take a short hike. This will cover most of WABDR section 1

GPX file is now attached.
PDF of more complete itinerary also attached.

Burly

Rank VIII

Protector III

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Carter
Last Name
Burlison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7LHB
Service Branch
Navy
I’ll join- if I can bring a plus one!

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
@Burly - of course! I'm trying to limit the number of rigs for campsite and travel purposes. Pack as many people as you want in your rig!

@Devil Dog 77 - No worries. The coordinates for the Friday night campsite are posted. If you're only a couple hours late, we can try to meet at Camp Creek Falls too. I have a small ham radio, but no license. I'll be using GMRS 16. But it looks like @Luinil Explorations has ham. Can the two of you connect for a channel...

Reactions: Burly

RogueJeep

Rank II

Contributor III

Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, United States
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Service Branch
Army

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
@a12houk, any chance you could make room for a 6th rig?
@RogueJeep I added 2 spots.
Looking forward to having you join us!
@a12houk thanks for expanding the list. RSVP is still stuck at max of 5 though. I\'ll continue to check in case it\'s a refresh thing.
I have much better luck using the website than the app. Maybe try a page refresh, or close the app and relaunch?
Go ahead and plan on showing up even if the app doesn't let you RSVP.

Reactions: RogueJeep

Burly

Rank VIII

Protector III

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Carter
Last Name
Burlison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7LHB
Service Branch
Navy
@Burly - of course! I'm trying to limit the number of rigs for campsite and travel purposes. Pack as many people as you want in your rig!

@Devil Dog 77 - No worries. The coordinates for the Friday night campsite are posted. If you're only a couple hours late, we can try to meet at Camp Creek Falls too. I have a small ham radio, but no license. I'll be using GMRS 16. But it looks like @Luinil Explorations has ham. Can the two of you connect for a channel...
Looks like 1 rig is considering coming with me.. and I’ll be packing 1 in with me in my rig

Reactions: a12houk

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

l

Looks like 1 rig is considering coming with me.. and I’ll be packing 1 in with me in my rig
Sounds good.
We'll have a full pack!

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey Crew,

As of just now, fires are still allowed. I’ll bring some wood, feel free to bring a few pieces if it’s easy.

Let me know if there is anything you need.

For those meeting in Centralia, I’ll do my best to find a wide open spot somewhere near the New Balance or Nike store on the east side of I5

Randle is the last fuel stop. We’ll do a quick meet & greet and radio check there.

I’m looking for someone to be my tail gunner. Just need somebody experienced enough to make good calls and radio up for breakdowns, group separation, people wanting to pass us, and able to navigate from the rear.

I think that’s everything for now. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey Crew,

As of just now, fires are still allowed. I’ll bring some wood, feel free to bring a few pieces if it’s easy.

Let me know if there is anything you need.

For those meeting in Centralia, I’ll do my best to find a wide open spot somewhere near the New Balance or Nike store on the east side of I5

Randle is the last fuel stop. We’ll do a quick meet & greet and radio check there.

I’m looking for someone to be my tail gunner. Just need somebody experienced enough to make good calls and radio up for breakdowns, group separation, people wanting to pass us, and able to navigate from the rear.

I think that’s everything for now. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Photo of my truck for reference

Attachments