Ghost Towns of California

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I've received a couple of PM's about my knowledge of that area, and I'll share with everyone my major resource (initially) for exploring

This book:

Every major trail we know is in that book, and, if you're like us, you'll find interesting offshoots on every single one. Don't be like us (and spend the night in the wilderness because you took the wrong trail back and driving on cliffside in the dark is scarrrry) go to the Bridgeport (recommended) or Mammoth Ranger stations and get good quality USFS maps to back it up. The book is very linear and puts you on specific paths, if you venture off them you should be prepared!!

Tom (Steel Industries)

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Vacaville, CA 95687, USA
Member #

I've received a couple of PM's about my knowledge of that area, and I'll share with everyone my major resource (initially) for exploring

This book:

Every major trail we know is in that book, and, if you're like us, you'll find interesting offshoots on every single one. Don't be like us (and spend the night in the wilderness because you took the wrong trail back and driving on cliffside in the dark is scarrrry) go to the Bridgeport (recommended) or Mammoth Ranger stations and get good quality USFS maps to back it up. The book is very linear and puts you on specific paths, if you venture off them you should be prepared!!
Hey Mark,

Are you interested in going this weekend?

Tom

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@Tom (Steel Industries), sorry buddy but I have to cancel this trip. I have to take my Daughters to the eye doctors on Saturday. This is the 2rd time the eye doctor reschedule her appointment. I think its time to find a new eye doctor!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Hey Mark,

Are you interested in going this weekend?

Tom
Interested? Without a doubt. Able? Not in the slightest.

The best I'll get is an overnighter in the trailer at our local OHV and that's only if working Saturday AM doesn't kill me.

It was a long shot for me, at best, to begin with.

Rubilocal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Were still a GO for Bodie this Friday May 20th and Saturday and will be driving back home Sunday. Anyone interested in going? Trying to plan places to meet up at?

Thanks,

Tom
Tom, I'm still up for it. Let me know if you are planning to go. And when you can leave.
Scott aka Rubilocal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I'm out. My charger got totalled this weekend so I'm gonna be fighting with them this weekend