SOLD GFC Rooftop Tent + 4Runner Mounts + Awning ($4,500 - SF Bay Area)

• HTML tutorial

GeoJosh

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

East Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

GFC Platform Campers are backordered/sold out until late 2021, so jump on this deal to pick one up locally! I am based out of the SF East Bay.

Installed on my (previous) 2019 4Runner, this RTT saw action throughout California over the past 6 months. It comes with a latex mattress topper and the GFC brand fitted sheets. We have about 12 nights in it, but I sold my 4Runner and the tent no longer fits my plans. The GFC RTT ease of set up and breakdown coupled with it's low profile make this the ideal tent for someone daily driving their overlanding rig.

This is priced as a bundle with:

-GFC Rooftop Tent with Platform Wind Skid (original price: $4345)
-4Runner Mounting Hardware (original price: $600)
-Eezi Awn Swift Self Supporting Awning w/ Mounting Hardware: (original price: $707)
-GFC Fitted Sheets: (original price: $94)
-ORIGINAL TOTAL: $5746

I will not help install this tent so please factor that into your plans! The tent is currently on sawhorses in my side yard, waiting for a new home.

DSC00422.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Zhu
You paid $4900 for the tent itself? I’ve seen people running this tent and no one I’ve talked to has paid that much for the Platform RTT from GFC. Curious how you came to that price?

Got any shots of the interior and the T tracks? Which version of fabric is this?

GeoJosh

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

East Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ah! Went back and checked the original invoice, I was double counting the 4Runner mounting hardware...Feel like an idiot, thanks for pointing it out. Original tent price was $4200, $599 for the mounting hardware, $145 for the wind skid. I can get some photos of the interior and t-tracks tomorrow. I think the fabric is Gen 2, pretty thick.

Thanks for again for pointing that out, man. Not trying to rip anybody off...

Attachments

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Zhu
Ah! Went back and checked the original invoice, I was double counting the 4Runner mounting hardware...Feel like an idiot, thanks for pointing it out. Original tent price was $4200, $599 for the mounting hardware, $145 for the wind skid. I can get some photos of the interior and t-tracks tomorrow. I think the fabric is Gen 2, pretty thick.

Thanks for again for pointing that out, man. Not trying to rip anybody off...
No worries, you’re all good. Just wanted to make sure others weren’t confused if they come across your post.

Last edited: