Getting Started

• HTML tutorial

Ty Ford

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey everyone! My wife and I are wanting to start overlanding and we have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. We want to be able to do some pretty long trips (weeks and months at a time) and we were wondering g where to start as far as outfitting our rig. We bought the jeep with a leveling kit and about 33 in all terrain NITTO tires and it also had an aftermarket steel front bumper with a superwinch mounted on it with a steel cable. Everything else on the jeep is pretty much stock except the addition of a pioneer 5100 NEX head unit with navigation. I know there are so many mods out there and I am really interested in where I should start and what upgrades should be priority. The only thing my wife and I really know is that we want to do a RTT setup on our jeep. All info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are glad to be a part of the overland bound family!!

Thanks,
Ty
Member # 7139

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Hello and Welcome from Tennessee. We are new to Overlanding also. We have done camping, but planning to start doing some overlanding trips in the summer months when my wife is off from school. So I'm just sitting back, listening, reading, and taking notes from the more experienced overlanders here on the forum.

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

My wife and I are both teachers too @AdventureAwaitsTN so we want overland in the summer months as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
That's awesome! I'm a flatbed Truck Driver for a small company, and can take the summer off. So we are starting the planning process for a few weeks at a time, working our way up to a solid two months for an Alaska adventure.

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram