Launch Member

Traveler II

Georgia
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Garza
Member #

I pretty new to the overlanding thing and just wanted to know if my truck is good to go stock. I have a 2019 Nissan Titan pro4x. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I pretty new to the overlanding thing and just wanted to know if my truck is good to go stock. I have a 2019 Nissan Titan pro4x. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Looking at the pic you posted, I'd say your truck is more than capable in its stock form to get out into adventures. Just pack the basics and get out there before jumping into the black hole of accessories and aftermarket parts. Figure out how you want to use your vehicle before throwing money at it. Good luck and safe travels.

Reactions: DevilDodge

Jr1125

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Georgia
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Garza
Member #

Looking at the pic you posted, I'd say your truck is more than capable in its stock form to get out into adventures. Just pack the basics and get out there before jumping into the black hole of accessories and aftermarket parts. Figure out how you want to use your vehicle before throwing money at it. Good luck and safe travels.
Sorry about the pic. That’s my old truck 06 Titan 4x4 6” lift with 35s. My new truck is a stock 2019 Nissan Titan pro 4x. Again thanks for the response

Reactions: Chadlyb

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
You are probably good to go for a lot of exploring with a Titan Pro4x. I will tell you what I tell everybody, get out there and take note of any shortcomings and upgrade to overcome them.

Jr1125

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Georgia
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Garza
Member #

You are probably good to go for a lot of exploring with a Titan Pro4x. I will tell you what I tell everybody, get out there and take note of any shortcomings and upgrade to overcome them.
Awesome thanks man. I’ll take that.

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

good looking truck! The truck is a great truck stock. My only suggestion is better tires the stock ones are okay but a better set of AT's or if mud terrains is your thing.

Ralph

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Szczecin, Westpomerania (PL)
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Batkowski
Member #

WELCOME. Great vehicle, legendary engine from Nissan Patrol Y62, rigid gear-box .... Well can't be better! Do not consider lockers - Your truck is equiped in really good ESP system working "like a diff-lock"

Reactions: DevilDodge

Jr1125

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Georgia
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Garza
Member #

good looking truck! The truck is a great truck stock. My only suggestion is better tires the stock ones are okay but a better set of AT's or if mud terrains is your thing.
Thanks... I’m looking into some KO2’s to put on my stock rims.... but I gotta save up some money to get them lol

Jr1125

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Georgia
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Garza
Member #

WELCOME. Great vehicle, legendary engine from Nissan Patrol Y62, rigid gear-box .... Well can't be better! Do not consider lockers - Your truck is equiped in really good ESP system working "like a diff-lock"
thats awesome and did t know that. But hey learning something new everyday.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Have a shovel, a piece of wood to use a stand for the jack, maybe some maxtrax or other recovery boards, you will be fine. With those you can get out of anything except a river. Might be more work than having a winch or other fancy things, but they will do the job. Like others here, I will reiterate the same thing, good tires make a huge difference. Will be the biggest bang for the buck, more helpfull than any lift . Not sure what you have as stock tyres. Take it gradually, probably you will be ok on 95 % of the tracks , but in time you learn the limits and see what else you might need, maybe and engine skid plate, minor things like this. When in doubt, just get out of the truck, look arround, take your time to pick lines until you have more experience.
Figure out what you want to do first and than you will see what is need it.
But to know that, you need to go out first :)
I did great trips with bone stock vehicles( one of them wasa forester, much less capable than what you have) , I just had good AT tyres and skid plates..

Reactions: Wildlee