Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

I am wanting to get into it more and more I read on the forum, I started this a long time ago and even last I saw have the oldest Cache in San Antonio, but haven't maintained it is a while.

MotorBug

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
I am wanting to get into it more and more I read on the forum, I started this a long time ago and even last I saw have the oldest Cache in San Antonio, but haven't maintained it is a while.
Hi Rick, Geocaching is a good hobby with any sort of off-roading. Lots of changes if you have been gone awhile.

With the pandemic I have been spending my time with Munzee, another internet game that keeps me close to home and not touching anything. Just scan a QR code with your phone and off you go!

What is your geocaching handle?

Stay safe, Tom/MotorBug

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hi Rick, Geocaching is a good hobby with any sort of off-roading. Lots of changes if you have been gone awhile.

With the pandemic I have been spending my time with Munzee, another internet game that keeps me close to home and not touching anything. Just scan a QR code with your phone and off you go!

Stay safe, Tom/MotorBug
A work colleague of mine introduced me to Munzee. I dont think its for me. Ill stick with geocaching

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Stay safe, Tom/MotorBug
Been doing both for a long time, my name on Munzee it "contra1971" look me up we can be Friends on there...I am rank 77 been playing since 2011.
My second Geocache handle it gr8gps, but my original i cant remember, my first cache it the "the lost pharmacist" on the northeast side of SA

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
We are probably going to hit a few tomorrow...but definitely next weekend when we camp.

Be sure to do some easy ones first...especially if you have kids

It is a big hit with our family.

It teaches them alot of things in one easy game.

Reactions: John Levers

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
<sigh> had a Failed to Find on a cache I went to check on today... I am sure it had NOTHING to do with forgetting to pack my hand held GPS :disappointed: though I know the area it is supposed to be in. none the less had a pleasent bit of wheelin to get there... though my stock TRD Off Road almost could not make one of the mud crossings at low speed ( sides of the mud hole where firm, but the middle was goo... a not so subtle reminder of why you wheel with a buddy or mount a winch thank goodness for the factory locker)... next time I head up there I am going to have to bring a bit of trash removal gear... idiots are up there (bank managed trust owned land) tossing all kinds of trash out... someone dumped a hottub (nope not salvageable unfortunately... someone has used it for target practice), lots of paint cans getting shot... lots of trees getting used as targets... in one site alone I counted over 100 shotgun shells... folks leaving broken camp chairs behind... though at least I did not see as much broken glass as at Nemo Tunnel.

I am going to have to go back before too long, but take a full clean up kit with me... rake, tongs, maybe even shovel plus a LOT of trash bags... <coff> and remember my GPS <coff>

for the record, this was not meant to be a planned geocaching run... was just a stray thought while I was out running errands, but as that cache is in my back yard (my land is adjacent to the land the cache is in) it annoyed me that I have never gone up to have a look so I have looked up the map into, sat imagery, topo map, etc many times lately. I will be making a serious run to find the cache in the not too distant future.

now that I have rambled on about the cache finding trip today for a bit, I come to the real purpose of this post... how many of you geocahcers are in the east tennessee area?