General Grabber AT's

• HTML tutorial

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Anyone have experience with these tires? I know how important tires are, and I don't want to skimp, but I can get 5 of these for a couple hundred less than 4 BFG's. Based on reviews and rec's from other forums, they seem to be a good compromise...

Reactions: Rangervinny

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I have the AT2's and love them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, but the AT3's were just released yesterday. So I think those will be my next choice if you are looking for KO2 alternatives.

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
I started looking into the Grabber AT2s after watching the Expedition Overland series. I realize they're sponsored by General Tire but if the AT2s were good enough to get those guys to Prudhoe Bay and the Darien Gap, then how bad can they possibly be, right? So I started reading every review I could find and the general consensus (no pun intended) seems to be that these are one bad ass tire for the money. Biggest thing is tread life. Seems like getting in excess of 50K, even 60K miles on them is pretty common. I mean, I'd love to go with a mud terrain again like I had on my old rig but I'm at a point where I need that balance of off road capability and tread life.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I started looking into the Grabber AT2s after watching the Expedition Overland series. I realize they're sponsored by General Tire but if the AT2s were good enough to get those guys to Prudhoe Bay and the Darien Gap, then how bad can they possibly be, right? So I started reading every review I could find and the general consensus (no pun intended) seems to be that these are one bad ass tire for the money. Biggest thing is tread life. Seems like getting in excess of 50K, even 60K miles on them is pretty common. I mean, I'd love to go with a mud terrain again like I had on my old rig but I'm at a point where I need that balance of off road capability and tread life.
Awesome, appreciate the response.

Rangervinny

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Thomaston, GA, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Anyone have experience with these tires? I know how important tires are, and I don't want to skimp, but I can get 5 of these for a couple hundred less than 4 BFG's. Based on reviews and rec's from other forums, they seem to be a good compromise...
The general grabber at2 are a really good tire we sell a bunch of them at summit and never have a complaint these are my choice come tax time lol

#TRD #Rav4

Russell Height

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I’ve always heard good things and have put a few sets on some vehicles at my shop, I personally have bfg KO2’s but they are definitely a good more for budget tire but I will say you can’t beat a set of KO’s though put almost 30k on mine and still have 70% life and no issues with tire wear with regular rotates every oil change and the road harmonics are great minimal road noise

#2004WJ #Jeep #NEPA #Overlandbound #8912
#4x4

Sent from my iPhone